WMAS - Tank of the Month
(right click and select "save target as" for better results)
A high speed connection is recommend for all downloads.
Hi, Future Tank of the month WMAS member! Thank you for allowing us
to showcase your tank on our website. To assist you in your write
up, we have compiled a list of things to consider:
1) Your name, location and occupation. Include how long you have
been an aquarist, how long you have been a WMAS member and how you
heard of our club.
Name: David Poulson
Location: 98 w. 500 s. Mona
Occupation: Rad Tech
How long have you been in the hobby? 3 yrs
How long have you been a member of the club? 3 yrs
How did you hear about the WMAS? Friends
2) Describe your tank. Acrylic or glass? Size in dimensions and
gallons. How long has it been set up?
Acrylic / Glass: Glass
Size in gallons: 120
Age: (how long has the system been running) 3 yrs
3) Describe your lighting system, including your photo-period. Add
what you would change if you could.
2x400w MH (14k/20k)
2x39w T5 Actinic
4) Describe your filtration system. Include: How deep is your sand
bed, plenum, your skimmer size and model and how long you run it,
your circulation pumps (how many and their size in gallons per
hour), your sump/refugium including Reverse Daylight, biowheels and
skilters, HOT systems, clean up crew.
4” Sand bed, 200lbs live rock
ASM G2 Skimmer
Little Giant external pump
5) What are your maintenance techniques? Include water change
10 gallon water change monthly
6) What additives do you use?
Kalkwasser, Strontium, Molybdenum,
Iodine, Magnesium, Other
Reef Builder 2tbs every other day
Calcium every other day
7) Describe your feeding philosophy. Include your schedule, and what
you prefer to feed your system?
Feed as little as possible. Uses brine shrimp and flake
8) DIY ie, Calcium reactor, stand / hood, skimmer, sump, ect. Any
Do-it-yourself items of interest? Web-sites that you may have
35g DIY Sump
9) Stand and Canopy
Wood: built into wall
12) What experiences and challenges have you had with the tank? Any
lessons learned? Is there anything you do differently than others
(or differently than previously)? If so, why?
Be patient and ask a lot of questions…Loves the WMAS
*You will need Adobe Acrobat to view the presentation. If you
don't have Adobe Acrobat you can download it free from
For best results save the documents to your local computer by right
clicking on the file you want to download a select "save target