Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

300 Gallon Dart Frog

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2016 at 8:56am
Looks good!
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
Ashtondem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashtondem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2016 at 10:57am
WOW! I loved my little dart frogs. your set up looks great
Angela - The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea. - Isak Dinesen
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2016 at 1:07pm
Looking good!

What are you using for the false bottom?

What species are you planning on adding? Mixing is generally frowned on but if you aren't breeding you can get away with it. I'd suggest looking at species that occupy different area's of the vivarium.

Also one note: Darts can't really swim. Make sure you add in a way for them to get out of the pond if they fall in otherwise they can drown.

Keep at it this is awesome! I've got four vivs and want to some day to a large one.
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
nrbelk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nrbelk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2016 at 9:39am
Originally posted by jwoo jwoo wrote:

Looking good!

What are you using for the false bottom?

What species are you planning on adding? Mixing is generally frowned on but if you aren't breeding you can get away with it. I'd suggest looking at species that occupy different area's of the vivarium.

Also one note: Darts can't really swim. Make sure you add in a way for them to get out of the pond if they fall in otherwise they can drown.

Keep at it this is awesome! I've got four vivs and want to some day to a large one.

For the false bottom I'm using the clay stuff that Tropical Eco's recommended and like using. EccoTerra or something like that.  They say its similar to repasthatch or something like that.  In my experiments with it it seems like once its wet, it just lets the water run past it. In my setup it, it will then drain to the corners of the tank where there are the old overflow holes.

As for species, on the ground side, I'm thinking red galacs and maybe a type of tinc, which those two shouldn't cross breed. For the "tree" side, I'm trying to find a way to afford some Fantastica reticulated or fantasica nominal.  Only one species of thumbnail since they can all interbreed.

For them to get out of the pond, I will have some driftwood in the back corner that breaks the surface and touches the corner.
nrbelk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nrbelk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2016 at 9:41am
Got the lights on it and am currently printing my fan holders.  The first fan holder I printed works perfectly!

nrbelk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nrbelk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2016 at 2:13pm
Besides planting it, it is basically done.

nrbelk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nrbelk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2016 at 9:19am
Its done.  I'll need to add in the leaf litter but its out of stock from where I already paid for it :(

But other than that, its done. Now to let the plants grow in before I add the frogs.

jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2016 at 9:20am
Turned out great!
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2016 at 9:28am
Wow, I am afraid of frogs that is so damn cool! 
RedSea Max S400 - 90G Rimless Frag Tanks x2 - 185 Lookdown Bin
LakeCityReefs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeCityReefs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2016 at 9:34am
Very impressive. Too bad there's not a frog aquarium society for you to share this with. Tongue
Here we go again
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2016 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Marcoss Marcoss wrote:

Wow, I am afraid of frogs that is so damn cool! 

Marcoss you did well with my frogs. Baby steps and who knows one day you will have a tank of your own.
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2016 at 10:22am
Originally posted by jdinchak jdinchak wrote:

Marcoss you did well with my frogs. Baby steps and who knows one day you will have a tank of your own.

Its true, but I was a couple of feet away and the had the protection of glass! Haha. I think one day I will have some...there seems to be a very natural segway from saltwater to frogs and vice versa. 
RedSea Max S400 - 90G Rimless Frag Tanks x2 - 185 Lookdown Bin
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2016 at 10:46am
Great work with your build. Looks fantastic. Where did you get your plants?

Also have you thought about being on Reef Tour? That's an amazing tank and unique. Would be great to see!
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
nrbelk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nrbelk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2016 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by jdinchak jdinchak wrote:

Great work with your build. Looks fantastic. Where did you get your plants?

Also have you thought about being on Reef Tour? That's an amazing tank and unique. Would be great to see!

That would be pretty cool, the bad thing is that I live in Idaho Falls :(.  But if there is ever one that comes all the way over here I'd be open for it haha.
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2016 at 12:19pm
Yeah that would be far!
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
nrbelk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nrbelk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2016 at 10:52am
Added the first set of frogs.  5 red galacs.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic