Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone want to raise my batch of clowns?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lexnano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexnano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone want to raise my batch of clowns?
    Posted: May 05 2016 at 9:07pm
My pair of clownfish recently laid a batch of eggs.  The eggs look like they are forming eyes already.  I do not have the time or expertise to raise them.  Anyone interested in raising them?  The eggs are on a piece of live rock that I can remove.  I'm located in Riverton.
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2016 at 11:52pm
What kind/color/design of Clownfish are they? Is this their first batch of eggs?
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Lexnano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexnano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2016 at 9:15am
I believe it is their first batch.  The female is a normal black and white and the male is orange and white.
larhalli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larhalli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2016 at 7:15pm
What did you do with your clown eggs?  Did you find someone to raise them for you?

Larry Halliday

West Jordan
Lexnano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexnano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2016 at 1:34pm
I did not find anyone to raise them. Unfortunately they did not survive in the tank.
larhalli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larhalli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2016 at 2:04pm
If they lay again let me know and I will try to raise them.  I have a perfect setup for them.  I live close.
I have had a few lay years ago and was able to raise a few to survive.  I know what I was doing wrong and have a better set up now.
Larry Halliday

West Jordan
Lexnano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexnano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2016 at 3:22pm

I'll definitely message you the next time they lay Larry

MasterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MasterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2016 at 8:53pm
i have a clownfish nursery and live phyto and rotifiers. if it happens again i can help
jason View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2016 at 3:27pm
i will do it also I have done it for years but just recently started again

if wishes were fishes we would all have some
Hogie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2016 at 3:36pm
Whoa, Jason, is that you?! Good to see you back again.
jason View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2016 at 11:48pm
Ya i just reintroduced myself just for anyone who dosent know me lol.  I wish i had seen this sooner lol im always late to the game
if wishes were fishes we would all have some
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic