Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dremel I can Borrow?? DONT NEED ANYMORE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chris Scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dremel I can Borrow?? DONT NEED ANYMORE
    Posted: January 06 2011 at 7:41pm
Hi All,

Anybody in SLC have a dremel I can borrow? I need to make a hole in some acrylic bigger by about 1/16 or an 1/8 of an inch. PM me or call/text 801.657.2630.

Thanks!!!

Edited by Chris Scott - January 08 2011 at 5:38pm
55g Bowfront Corner Reef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2011 at 4:28pm
bump
55g Bowfront Corner Reef
Lewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2011 at 4:48pm
making that small of a change are you sure you want a dremel? They spin so fast that the chance of cutting too deep are pretty high. Have you tried sanding it by hand? or use the size of hole saw you need? I like to use the kind with the pilot drill in the center because you can clamp a piece of wood behind the hole drill into it first get it centered and you won't have to worry too much about it slipping and making too big of a hole. I hope this makes sence.
40 gal w/ 20 sump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2011 at 5:25pm
Well, I only have to make the hole bigger. I think I could control the dremel not to make too big a hole.

I haven't tried sanding it by hand, I guess I could do that, or just use my drill and spin a bit next to it...
55g Bowfront Corner Reef
downhill_biker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downhill_biker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2011 at 5:20pm
You should just buy one. You can get the cheapo version from harbor freight or walmart for like $20. That is what I would do. My dremel just died yesterday...so I am debating which to get new. I will probably buy the one from home depot for $100, comes with a lot of nice attachments.
Make sure you post your best pictures every month in our POTM forum.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2011 at 5:38pm
cool, i'll probably buy one soon. I don't need one anymore right now though. Thanks.
55g Bowfront Corner Reef
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic