Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Controller

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kahuna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kahuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Controller
    Posted: October 10 2002 at 7:27am
Marcus, I picked up the Active Home kit, plus some extra appliance and lamp modules. I'm interested in the AquaController so that I can monitor my setup while away at work.  I'll have to find out what kind of Killer deal Jake can get on one.
Cell 801 860-7333
Marcus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2002 at 10:46pm

Kahuna, I am not using the X10 or any controller now.  I was planning on getting an Aquacontroller II.  Jake uses X10 and so does Arjen and they seem to like them.  Once I did some research on the X10, I had to rethink my decision on the Aquacontroller.  Both have their specialities, but they also do a lot of same stuff like timers and relays.  I have not made up my mind yet.  What did you order from X10?  Jake has a killer deal on the Aquacontroller if you wind up getting one.

Kahuna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kahuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2002 at 9:13pm

Marcus,  the Aquacontroller is the one by Neptune.  Have you heard of anyone in our club using one.  I should be recieving my x10 order this weekend. If I could get that camera option up and running it would be great.  I could quit calling home and asking my wife how everything is doing.  Are you using th x10 componets? 

Cell 801 860-7333
Marcus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2002 at 1:14pm
Hey guys! Is the Aquacontroller the one that is made by Neptune? If so, I hear it is the one to get. There is another one made by Octopus and I have not heard good remarks about it. I hear it is very hard to set up and you almost need to be on the phone with tech while doing so. You may also want to check out the X10. They are a system of relays and timers that you can use for everything. They also have a camera system that you can log onto a static IP address and watch your tank from anywhere. THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!! Anything to take the stress out of my day. Here's a link to X10.
http://www.x10.com/friends/[email protected]
They have some cool stuff!

Jared B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2002 at 10:31am

There is a lot of good information out ther on the aquacontroller II in the reeftalk forum.  Here is a link: http://www.reeftalk.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=1326&page=3&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1I

I am also looking for ways in which I can automate my tank.  This controller seems to be the most user friendly, from what I have researched. 

Hope that helps.  Jared.

Kahuna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kahuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2002 at 9:33am

Who is using a controller out there.  With my work I am very interested in automating as much as possible.  Does anyone have any experience with a aquacontroller ll?

Let me hear from you

Kirk

Cell 801 860-7333
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic