Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spawing?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ewaldsreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewaldsreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spawing?
    Posted: January 23 2006 at 11:10pm
Does this coral apear to be spawing?

Contact me for professional aquarium maintenance and localy grown coral frags. [URL=http://www.aquatitranquility.com][/URL]

Bob Kripfgans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Kripfgans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2006 at 8:13am
Bruce, Mine does that to and I was wondering if it is expelling wastes or attempting to spawn. 
WMAS is da place!
Save the Banggai's!
Tooele,Ut.
reptoreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reptoreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2006 at 10:14am
spawning... naw, just takin a dump(expelling waste).
www.captivereefing.com
ewaldsreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewaldsreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2006 at 12:00pm
Just never seen it take such a big dump before
Contact me for professional aquarium maintenance and localy grown coral frags. [URL=http://www.aquatitranquility.com][/URL]

Firefish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Firefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2006 at 4:27pm
Did your fish eat it? If not I think it is spawning. I say we should call it "Spawning" and have a birthday party. Wednesday at Bruce's come by and check out his new arrival.

Edited by Firefish
5 gal fluval spec v http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65727&KW=&PID=531710&title=my-new-little-one#531710 12 gallon jbj nanocube reef Stansbury Park (Tooele Area)
dukester48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dukester48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2006 at 5:28pm
I watched a program the other night on the science channel called the barier reef preditors and it was showing mass spawning which they said that they have just discovered recently because they do it reall late when its dark so the fish dont eat everything..., it was an awsome program..., I definitely recomend checking out
dnellans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnellans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2006 at 5:55pm
Bruce, I"ve notice my brain does that when i have just fed cyclopeeze into the water.

The fungia do it in a much more pronounced way but the brain also does it, the cyclopeeze sticks to the threads and then it pulls them back in... 

When mine is expelling waste the tenticales it puts out are way nastier and almost brown/black in color.  which is why i'm guessing its expelling (and it does this at random times)

smatney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smatney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2006 at 8:46am

In any case...it's an awesome picture!  Cool stuff happens in our little oceans.

Susan Matney
Farmington, UT
dano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2006 at 11:46am

Bruce,

Mine do that when they're irritated. If I change alkalinity too fast they look just like that. If I hit them with top off water, they do that. They always return to normal pretty quickly, though. I think it's kind of like a coughing up ickiness response, to put it scientifically.

By the way, those frags...killer. The pink birdsnest is getting so brilliant under my 10k bulb. They're all doing extremely well. You're the man.

-Dano

I have nothing interesting to say down here
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic