Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stand and Canopy plans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Angel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stand and Canopy plans
    Posted: February 22 2006 at 11:05pm

Hello All, after pricing stands and canopys I am convinced to try my hand at making one.  I have a few tools and some (little) experience.  Are there plans out there for a 48x 18 set up? 

opps just found the post below with the link that shows some good construction ideas!

Edited by Angel
Connie
Tooele
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 12:13am

You are welcome to come see my stands to get some ideas.  They are both homemade, one by me, one by Suzy.  They also each serve different purposes.  The plans may not be exactly what you want, but it could give you some ideas.  I would also be willing to share my ideas of what I would do different if I were build them again.

And...We could talk plants.  I'm in the process of setting up another planted tank.  My plants should arrive this weekend.

Angel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 7:14am

I'd really like to see you all's set up.  I will also need to look closely at how to set up as well.  The wisdom of what you might do differently is valuable as well. 

Ohhh plants.... where did you order from?  I've recently added fresh lighting and having some B/G algea problem  as a result of things getting out of whack.  My fish are on a diet. 

Let me know about what kinds of times are good for a visit - my schedule is odd but fairly flexible. 

Connie

Connie
Tooele
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 1:42pm

I ordered from Arizona Aquafarms.  They had the best selection I could find.    Hopefully they will be here tomorrow and I'll be planting over the weekend.

My schedule is kind of weird right now as well.  I work at home on Tuesday and Thursday and am home weekends also.  Mon, Wed, Fri I work and during tax season I'm usually there those days until 10:30 or midnight so they are pretty much impossible.

Let me know when might work for you and we'll try to get together.  I may even have some plants to share.

Angel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 3:16pm

Yup, I have a friend in ID that does taxes...we don't even talk during tax season.  Ohhh plants to share...   - I'd even buy some - I think I have more nutrients than plants right now so that would be good!

Connie

Connie
Tooele
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic