Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Glass Anemone Shrimps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Firefish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Firefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Glass Anemone Shrimps
    Posted: October 11 2002 at 6:01pm
Does anyone have any of these guys?  I've been looking to buy one, but locally I have never seen them for sale.  I would love to have one in one of my tanks.  I have a bubble anemone and a haddon's carpet anemone, but both of them already have a resident anemone crab.  I don't know whether they can co-exist with the Glass Shrimp or not.  I also wonder if they can live without a host anemone.  If anyone has any input let me know. 
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2002 at 9:20am

Firefish,

I have had these before.  Yes you can get them.  As for locally, I've only ever seen a couple and it was at Aquatica.  So you may want to try them.  But I know a collector who gets them, so you may be able to get them from www.coralplanet.com

It would be unwise to keep them without an anemone because they need it for protection.  Otherwise they get picked on by everything else.  They're quite pricey as well, retailing for like $20.  I think most people who have them, simply get them by chance when buying rock and anemones. 

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Firefish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Firefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2002 at 4:41pm
Yeah I looked on Jake's website and didn't see any.  Which reminds me..I asked him to check on something for me.  I need to email him.
Jake Pehrson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Pehrson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2002 at 9:05am
My e-mail is [email protected] I can special order the Anemone shrimp.  I am getting a shipment this week if you would like me to try to get you one.
Jake Pehrson

Murray

coralplanet.com

:)
Sarnack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarnack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2002 at 9:44am

If this is what you are talking about:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?siteid=23&pCatId=1135

I got mine Saturday from Mountain Shadow Marine... but I dont think they have any more left.

Firefish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Firefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2002 at 11:43pm

Jake,

About how much are we talking?  I would love to have one but I don't have any anemones to bunk him up with.  If he does need an anemone, then I guess I don't need one.  but if they are around 10 bucks I will buy one from you.

Jake Pehrson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Pehrson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2002 at 10:15am
They do need an anemone.  Although it is not required for them to live, without an anemone most likely they will get picked on by other fish or wander around until they get sucked into a pump or sent over your overflow.
Jake Pehrson

Murray

coralplanet.com

:)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic