Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blue Damsel swollen eye?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Spider-Krista View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spider-Krista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blue Damsel swollen eye?
    Posted: February 27 2006 at 10:09pm
hello.  I have a small community fish tank with 3 green chromis, a tomato clown, and a blue damsel in it.  It also has corals and invertabreas.  I was just looking in my tank when I noticed that my damsel's eye was swollen to twice its size, and has a white ring around it.  He is acting normally and is still eating, but I don't know if I should take him out or what I should do.  Please help!
oh, that was a fish? No wonder it tasted so bad...
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 10:32am
If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it.  Krista's at school today, but I am in charge of taking care of the fish today.
Lyscer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyscer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 11:13am
My sixline had a white swollen eye last week and I read up on it and the causes I found where either something has irritated it, the fish got ruffed up by something like a bistle worm or it is a bacterial infection. I just fed my sixline frozen food with garlic drops and it went away after 3 days. I would say to just let your food sit in garlic oil and that should take care of the problem. Watch it closely and let us know what happens.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 11:15am
I was going to run over to her house and check parameters, so I'll take some garliced food.  Thanks for the suggestion.
Spider-Krista View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spider-Krista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2006 at 6:41pm
good news all is well and his eye has stoped swelling and is starting to go down. thanks for all your help!
oh, that was a fish? No wonder it tasted so bad...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic