Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1 month of growth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ewaldsreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewaldsreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1 month of growth
    Posted: May 08 2006 at 2:22pm
     I was pretty suprised at how much growth I got out of this in about a month

Thanks to Jared for this peice.
Contact me for professional aquarium maintenance and localy grown coral frags. [URL=http://www.aquatitranquility.com][/URL]

dkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2006 at 4:20pm
That is awesome Bruce.  Very nice growth indeed.
If you can't bedazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with your bs!
Dinhkim Le - Procrastinator extra-ordinare
jbutler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbutler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2006 at 4:27pm
That  is awsome, I wish mine grew that fast.  Maybe I'll give the whole colony to grow for me.Thumbs Up

Edited by jbutler - May 08 2006 at 4:36pm
dkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2006 at 10:10pm
Wow.  That is an awesome colony Jared.  The initial frag looks like A.turaki to me; but the grown out frag and the colony look like some sort of A.carduus.  What is it?  I'm intrigued.

Edited by dkle - May 08 2006 at 10:10pm
jbutler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbutler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2006 at 10:44pm
I always thought it was A.turaki.  I could definitely be wrong though, it very well could be A. carduus.  Do you know the distinguishing differences?
dkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2006 at 11:01pm
A.turaki has longer, more tubular axial and radial corallites than those of A.carduus.  That's why the first pic looks like A.turaki to me.  But it also could be that the coral is indeed A.turaki and  the radial corallites don't have enough time to develop yet in the second pic and in the mother colony pic
jbutler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbutler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2006 at 8:42am

Nice, you very well could be right dkle.  Thanks for the input!  I'll have to look into this a little more.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic