FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NEW PLACE????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEW PLACE????
    Posted: May 21 2006 at 10:19am
I Kinda Found this online place that is here in utah. Do you guys know any thing about it? I tryed calling this weekend and they were closed. They look like they have some prity cool stuff. Just wantted to know what you guys thought.
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2006 at 10:48am
Prices look great if you can pick up locally.
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
aaaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2006 at 11:02am

Those are awesome prices on the fish!

Amber
29 gallon reef
pictures of some of my frags at frags.org
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2006 at 11:28am
I found them off KSL.com I am going to try and order some stuff myself if they won't charge for shipping. I'll keep everyone posted or if you find out anything let me know.
aaaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2006 at 2:45pm
I called and spoke with them, very nice.  You can pick them up locally, or they deliver to alot of petstores and you can meet them and pick up the goods!
Amber
29 gallon reef
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2006 at 11:08pm
I also called them today and they are a wholesaler for the LFS. They will only sale retail on line. So what you can do is order online from them and pay shipping or go to your local LFS and ask them to order it for you from Tonga Aquatic and they will get it in for you, You also may get a discount for preordering it in. They were really nice and wanted to help me the best that they could. I am going to order some stuff in just to see how good their quality is. I will keep you all posted.  
aaaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2006 at 11:26pm
I ordered today, they are dropping it off this week, but in the future they want us to go through lfs.  They also upped their prices alot on the fish Cry

I emailed them b/c I was debating about one, and now the price is double, hopefully they'll give it to me for the original price....
Amber
29 gallon reef
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2006 at 8:46am
I'll bet with all the pet stores that read this forum you just pissed off someone LOL.  Probably a few people.  I'm sure when a LFS found out that they were willing to sell directly to you that warranted a threatening call. 
Sounds like a bunch of drama I'm glad I wasn't a part of.
Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2006 at 10:41am
Wow, those prices did jump didn't they.  Some of the fish prices went from good deals to way over priced in one day!  Something is fishy about that site....
Adam
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2006 at 11:20am

Wow a new record it only took Utah reefs three days to take a good post to a bad post. I knew there was a reason that I don't come on here any more. And Adam have you called them so you know both sides of the story here?  And I thought you were the President. You need to set the stander here not help bring the site down. I have watched things on here for the last two years and it is the same story over and over. I am not standing up for Tonga Aquatics but I am standing up and saying no more. No wonder a lot of LFS won't have anything to do with us.

ssilcox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssilcox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2006 at 11:27am
Woah - 65stang... I think you must have misinterpreted his post. I didnt see anything wrong with it.
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2006 at 12:41pm
Yeah, I'm confused.  I was (and still am) excited about this Tonga Aquatics.  I was making a list of what I was going to order.  Then when Amber said the prices increased I went back to their site to check it out.  Yep she indeed was correct. 
So I guess I'm confused on what you are saying????  Doesn't that seem weird to you as well?
Adam
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2006 at 12:43pm
By the way, I actually thought I was looking out for you (and the rest of the club) with my post.
Adam
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2006 at 12:49pm
No wonder a lot of LFS won't have anything to do with us.
Confused Is it just me or do we now have more support from local stores than ever before?  Seems like just yesterday I was at a local store hanging up advertisements when they offered to donate free stuff to me.  Oh wait, it was just yesterday.  Whatever, I don't know why I care to respond.  I'll go back to helping out my club members and you can go back to not visiting this site.
Adam
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2006 at 2:49pm
Wow,Shocked talk about someone being misinformed.
I guess I don't read between the lines here. Something happened that was over my head.Confused
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 5:13pm
Hi my name is Scott Witt; I am the Sales Manager of Tonga Aquatic Imports. I heard about all that was going on through one of my customers and wanted to clarify a few things. We are a wholesaler that has moved into Utah and are supplying the pet stores here locally and throughout the other states. We also have recently started a retail web site. As such with all new things we are trying to work all the bugs out of the program. The reason for the price jump was there were some complications with the server and the prices. We were not aware of it until it was brought to our attention Monday afternoon. We fill we are very competitive with all the other retail web sites and most of our prices are even cheaper. We would love to supply you with your aquarium needs but because we mainly supply pet stores and don't want to be their competition we ask that you either order through the web site or go to your pet store and custom order our products through them.  Our quality will surpass any others you have seen. We are also the collector straight out of Tonga and are trying to supply customers with their needs and wants
For this miscommunication and mishaps we will be offering until 5:00 PM Friday May 26th, the original prices for all those who were on that site and were ready to make an order. All orders must be in by 5:00pm, so that they can be processed for next Thursday delivery.

Edited by Tonga Aquatic - May 25 2006 at 11:19am
ssilcox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssilcox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Tonga Aquatic Tonga Aquatic wrote:

For this miscommunication and mishaps we will be offering until 5:00 PM Friday May 26th, the original prices for all those who were on that site and were ready to make an order. All orders must be in by 5:00pm, so that they can be processed for next Thursday delivery.
Clap
Jamison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 5:22pm
Welcome Scott! That is very honorable of you. Best of luck with the biz. We're glad to have you.
Educate. Inspire. Conserve.

http://[email protected]
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 7:37pm
That is awesome. 
I sent you a message the other day, I'm assuming you got it.  Good to have clarification.
Thanks!
Adam
aaaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 8:41pm
Scott you guys have been awesome to deal with.  Thanks for the good customer service!
Amber
29 gallon reef
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic