Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where Justice Is Due

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Carl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where Justice Is Due
    Posted: November 25 2003 at 12:57pm

I just thought that I would give a big  to one of our local LFS. Aquatic Dreams in Ogden has definately won... no.... EARNED my business. They have gone out of their way to help me in creating a wonderful start to my new tank. They have always been personable and friendly and never too busy to help.

From taking a trade in on a tank for a reef ready 125 to taking water out of their own reef tank to help me get it into mine (their RO had been exhausted for the day), they have been great!

They have beautiful livestock and a really neat 2000-gallon (or so) tank. Their prices are competetive and they have late hours (til 8 during the week, I think 7 on Saturdays). They have also expressed support of WMAS and might offer a discount to members.

Summize to say, I have looked far and wide for a store that I am comfortable with and finally found it. They are located in Ogden (southwest part) in the Industrial Park near the little airport.

Just thought that I would throw this out their as my way of saying thanks... besides giving them my money. Maybe I can get an endorsement deal?

In Syracuse

"I believe that forgiving them is God's function. Our job is simply to arrange the meeting." - Gen. H. Norman Schwarzkopf
rfoote View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rfoote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2003 at 1:23pm
Carl - I agree! I found out about Aquatic Dreams(Ryan and Rodney) about six months ago and have been nothing but impressed. Ask them some time why they actually got into the bussiness and it might explain why they are the way they are.

Edited by rfoote
peregrinus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peregrinus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2003 at 2:24pm
i agree with both of you.
they are really great. thats the only place i have been shopping..
brian
Carl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2003 at 8:56am

I have found that they have one of the best selection of corals in the valley. Have you seen the ?remora? in the big tank? It's pretty cool, and the eels in it are awsome. Definately worth the trip to see them!

Mark P., have you been there yet?

In Syracuse

"I believe that forgiving them is God's function. Our job is simply to arrange the meeting." - Gen. H. Norman Schwarzkopf
Travis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Travis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2003 at 10:31pm
Hey Carl, do the have sps corals?  I'll have to swing by there next time I'm that way.
Carl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2003 at 9:25am
Travis, they have a little bit of everything. They would be really convenient for you to get to. I really think that you would like them.
In Syracuse

Travis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Travis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2003 at 9:25am
Thanks Carl, just so happens we are taking my daughter to a dentist in Layton today so we're going to stop by Aquatic Dreams! 
Carl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2003 at 9:36am
Travis, let me know what you think. Mark P went there Saturday and concurred that it is a good LFS. I think that you'll agree. Are you coming to the meeting Thursday or will you be snowed in? How do those Arctic Cats drive anyways? LOL...
In Syracuse

Travis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Travis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2003 at 6:32am

We stopped by there.  It is a very clean!!!!!  store.  Not to many sps corals but it look like they are pretty new.  All in all it seemed to be a good LFS.  The biggest question I have is how I can fit that 10' tank in my living room...lol.

Anyway, we are not going to make it on Thursday.  I can't wait for the Friday meetings to start.

Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2003 at 5:38pm
The best new store in town is Aquatic Dreams. Their livestock is healthy and reasonably priced, in my opinion.

I went there to find a clam and came home with just what I was looking for and didn't have to pay many clams for it. They get the
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
tom- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2003 at 12:01am
can someone give me directions to get there.
Carl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2003 at 7:45am

Tom,

They are located in Ogden. Take I-15 N to the Hinckley Dr. Exit (31st st). Follow it around the big loop and you'll be heading west. Follow that to 1900 W (Hinckley ends) and turn right. Follow that down about 2 miles to the Chevron and take a Right. They are about 1/8 mile down on the left in what are rennovated storage buildings turned into businesses. You'll see the sign. If you get lost, their phone number is 392-1300.

In Syracuse

rfoote View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rfoote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2003 at 7:57am
Even easier, get off on 24th St. turn left off the freeway and immediately right again and go straight down until you see Aquatic Dreams on the North side of the road.
Carl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2003 at 9:59am
I like my way better.... even if it is longer! . I will try your way though, I seem to be going up there alot lately. Something to do with a new tank.... I haven't figured out the connection yet though.
In Syracuse

Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2003 at 10:01am
Hey -

Don't all you southerners start coming up here and invading our territory.

sjlopez39 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjlopez39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2003 at 1:38pm
Too late! The migration has started.
Keep your hands and arms inside the tank and enjoy the ride!

Steve
sjlopez39 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjlopez39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2003 at 7:14pm
Aquatic Dreams has nice corals and a really cute 1 week old bamboo shark in the 2000 gallon also.
Keep your hands and arms inside the tank and enjoy the ride!

Steve
tom- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2003 at 11:41pm
Do they have much for SPS?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic