Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Clowns mating??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
zippeay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippeay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clowns mating??
    Posted: August 04 2006 at 9:21pm
Ok I read the other thread on clownfish mating but I still have some questions.  First off HI!  I just joined here yesterday and its really nice to see other people in Utah like fish!.  Anyway I've had a mated pair of percula now for about 3-4 months and today the female keeps biting my ricordia over and over again.  And both of them keep going to the same rock and cleaning it, so.... I'm new to these things but from what I gather they are going to lay eggs .  But.... I don't have another tank! I have other fish in my tank and I'm afraid they'll either eat the eggs or when the eggs hatch the babies will get eaten.  I have 1 flame angel, 1 long nose hawkfish and 2 pajama cardinals. Does anyone know if they will leave the babies and eggs alone?  Or does anyone have any suggestions on what I could do to save the babies? 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2006 at 1:41am
Welcome to the group.  Were in Utah are you located?

Yes, the babies will get eaten if left in the tank.  If you are serious about raising clownfish babies, you need to get the clownfish book by Joyce Wilkerson - it will tell you everything you need to know about raising clownfish babies. 

You need to know that in order to raise the babies, you also need to grow your own phytoplankton, rotifers and brine shrimp.  It's not something you get into half-heartedly.   Good luck.

Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2006 at 8:36am
Welcome! Sounds like you might expecting soon? Good advice^^^^^ above!

Good Luck!
zippeay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippeay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2006 at 11:29am
...  Thanks guys, I guess I'll just have to let nature take its course for right now.  I live in Clinton btw, and I'll have to check out that book.  Thanks for the advice -Zipp
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic