Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seahorses

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ltanner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ltanner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2006 at 9:55am
There's a forum on seahorse.org about tankmates.  There are a couple of stickies at the top that talk about corals, fish, and snails that are compatible.  I have no experience with this, so I have no idea how accurate their lists are.  Let's see... try this

Suzy- I was thinking about a fuge because this was my sump- now it's separate from the 55 gallon and in the process of becoming a display tank all on its own.  The kids will be in charge of a lot on the tank- that's half the fun! (for me and them!)  I'm thinking about doing one side planted, like a bed of seagrasses, and the other half LR with compatible corals to make sure there are lots of places for the horses to grab onto.

Thanks for the info!
Laura
Orem
29 gal reef
bbeck4x4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbeck4x4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2006 at 10:23am
We had a little perc w/our seahorses and for some color, a few bright orange/red mushrooms. Suzy was a great help...thanks Suzy. They were so fun to watch, but with our other tank, it was just too much to handle.
In fact, the rock and sand you got, Laura, came out of our seahorse tank... I would like to try them again later though. I kinda know now what to expect as far as the time requirements. 

the signature shows Brian, but the post was actually Stacey

Edited by bbeck4x4 - August 13 2006 at 10:26am
Family Portraits /Google trusted Photographer for Google Maps for Businesses
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic