Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pop-eye

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chem Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chem Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pop-eye
    Posted: November 08 2002 at 11:38am

My friend, Tom Miller, currently does not have internet access, so I'll pose his problem for you.  He has a tang he purchased 3 weeks ago that has come down with 'pop-eye'.  Does anyone know how to treat this in marine fish or have any ideas?  Iquiring minds want to know.....

Jim LaMunyon

Richmond, Utah

Jim LaMunyon

Richmond, Utah
Ryan Willden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Willden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2002 at 8:45pm

Popeye is typically stress induced. Check water quality, and any other form of stress possible in the tank, and remove the cause. Other fish (especially conspecifics) are the usual culprits... How to fix it? There's no sure fix for this type problem... When I added my Sailfin Tang it was being harassed by my yellow tang, so I removed the Yellow tang for three weeks and placed him in a "time-out" of sorts in the sump. It did the trick. They both get along perfectly now... Just some things to think about.

Firefish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Firefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2002 at 6:30am
I like Melafix.  I have never had a problem with popeye, but it seems to fix lots of other problems.  I think it is a good all around remedy for fish disease.
Jake Pehrson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Pehrson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2002 at 9:38am
Is one eye or both eyes suffering from "pop-eye"?
Jake Pehrson

Murray

coralplanet.com

:)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic