Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Baby Peppermint Shrimps - Now What?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DVadar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DVadar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baby Peppermint Shrimps - Now What?
    Posted: November 08 2002 at 12:52pm

For the past two weeks  I've noticed small 1/4 inch shimp molts floating the the water every now and again.  I didn't think much of it at the time untill a few days ago.  My power filters are see through and in one I have several pieces of live rock and calurpa.  I noticed several things scurrying around in it.  Upon closer inspection, they looked like really small shrimp!   I'm not sure they are Peppermints yet, but being as I only have one Cleaner Shrimp and three Peppermints in my tank, I belive that they are more likely to be the later type.

Anyway, Ive read up on how the larva are released and act like plankton for a while and then slowly adapt and grow into small adults.  I've also concluded that I must be doing something right(what I don't know) since they made it this far, and I'll keep feeding and maintaing my tank as always.

Has anyone else had experiences "raising shrimp"?

Jake Pehrson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Pehrson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2002 at 9:36am
You may want to contact Joe and Cindy Jones.
Jake Pehrson

Murray

coralplanet.com

:)
WhiteReef View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2002 at 2:18pm
They also might be mysis shrimp.   I had some magically popup in my tank, so that might be a possiblity too.
----------------

Richard

Former 47G Column Reef, Magna
20" x 18" x 31"H
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic