Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Advertising?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Advertising?
    Posted: September 06 2006 at 8:52pm
Okay question for you all.  What would you suggest the presidency use for our Reef Tour advertising.  Lets say it all costs the same.
Flyers in Pet Stores
Newspaper Adds/Articles
Radio Commercials
Emails
Club members giving flyers to friends
Billboards
Hand out flyers in front of Hogle Zoo
Suggestions?

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Rhine Lenhart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhine Lenhart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2006 at 11:54pm
I think flyer's in the pet stores.  If they are going there for pet stuff, chances are they are already into whatever they are interested in.
? you feel (understand) me? 

HOWEVER the pet stores need to be in cooperation with what we are trying to do.  Basically we need to educate them so they can educate the people that don't know.

They could hand them out when they bag there stuff.  Kinda what Lowe's does when all you buy is a dremil attachment.

Radio commercials don't hurt either.

And as it goes for Club members giving flyer's out.  I'm sure i speak for all of us when we could do that for free.  Keep a stack in the truck, and when we visit pet stores, hand them out.  As long as Management understands, there should be no problem.

see ya tomorrow,    Rhine

55 Gal Reef.
30 Gal Fuge.

957-9197
2007 presidency
Crazy Tarzan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazy Tarzan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 12:24am
two bill boards, one near point of the mountain, and another near nslc
Was that in there yesterday? Casper--WY windier than ?

Down to a 20, soon to double or nothing
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 7:46am
The reef tour flyers have been posted. Please print as many as you can and hand them out whenever you can.
Here are a few places to post flyers:
Work
Grocery Store
Animal Hospital
People Hospital
Pet Stores (with approval)
Home Depot
Lowes
School (BYU, UoU, Elementary, High School, etc)
Salt Lake Pizza and Pasta
Anywhere there is an aquarium - doctor's office, dentist office, lawyer's office
Other message boards ...

Ghetto Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghetto Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 8:40am
I'll go to the Living Planet Aquarium and see if they'll let me post one.
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 8:55am
Originally posted by Ghetto Man Ghetto Man wrote:

See if they'll let you give them 1,000 flyers.  We'd print them up in color if they'd be willing to hand them out at the door to everyone walking in.
Adam
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Adam Blundell Adam Blundell wrote:

Originally posted by Ghetto Man Ghetto Man wrote:

See if they'll let you give them 1,000 flyers.  We'd print them up in color if they'd be willing to hand them out at the door to everyone walking in.
Adam

YES - YES - YES

Please let me know what they say.
ryanj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2006 at 12:33am
I'll try and get them approved somewhere on UVSC campus.  Adam I'll let you know.
Skyetone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyetone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2006 at 10:37pm
unfortunatly alot of people do not look at billboards. also a TON of people regularly go to pets mart and co. well if you could put a 17x22 poster on the doors there good. I just had a brainer... KSL.com keep renewing it in the pet ads. I saw a "LFS" advertising LR for labor day. So why not reef tour..... 
I will just give my warning that your system will flood, bulbs will burn out, and things will take continuous maintenance... get over it.

Magna
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2006 at 11:34am
Anyone else want to chime in?
Adam
sukie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sukie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2006 at 2:05pm
Radio. .
KRCL or KRCW & for sure x96!!  Maybe instead of ads just do a spot.

I could contact x96 and see what they say.

*edit spelling such an FOB mistake.

Edited by sukie - September 11 2006 at 11:33pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic