Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Podcasting?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BigRagu2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigRagu2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Podcasting?
    Posted: September 09 2006 at 4:45pm
Shane . . .did you ever get hooked up on that Podcasting idea?

I went from Japan straight to Stockholm last weekend and missed another meeting . . .

Can I help? Who do we get with to make this happen its worth a contribution from me and maybe others?? I'm gone too much!

BigRagu2
Rimless 40Bdr . . .sweeeeet!
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2006 at 11:50pm
Dario,

Suzy has been playing with the idea and I know she took a lot of pics and video, but we did not record the meeting.

I know so little about this .... Jake --> what do we need to make this happen? Please be specific and lets see what we can do and how much $$$ it will take.
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2006 at 5:56am
The room was way too dark for my camera!

But, I am going to do a summary of the meeting and post pics i have. (I even have pics of all the power point slides!). What is the difference betweem seeing them on a podcast or seeing it here?
BigRagu2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigRagu2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2006 at 4:24pm

Suzy, I haven't been able to make a meeting yet . . .I travel over 250,000 Air miles a year so I have time on a plane but not to make a meeting.

I could upload the meeting and view it between here and Europe or Asia in the comfort of a Boeing 747 or 777.

I have discussed this with Shane also that living in Cache Valley is not the best place to try to make a meeting on a Thursday night and get to work the next day . . .Shane says he often gets home really  . . .really Late himself, I'm another 40 minutes from him.

BigRagu2

Edited by BigRagu2 - September 10 2006 at 4:25pm
Rimless 40Bdr . . .sweeeeet!
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2006 at 5:36pm

Do you take your laptop? Could you see it here instead? I can make a summary of the meeting and post pics, and do some video on my own site, but when I put my films on a 1.5 inch screen, they really lose a lot of content!

Rhine Lenhart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhine Lenhart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2006 at 6:18pm
I have a Sony DVD Camcorder that I have been having fun with.  I have an option to record in Night Vision.  It only requires a little light.  I could record the next meeting and upload it to my photo bucket account.  As long as it can support a large file like that, or a bunch of files like that. I have no issue of doing this.  If it does work...I could start doing this on a permenent basis, with your approval of course.

If i cannot upload it to the photobucket, I could ship copys of DVD's to whoever wants to buy it.  We could easily do this if people want to use DVD-RW's, you could watch and send back and i could burn over it with another meeting. I can reuse these disks thousands of times.

P.S. Could this be considered a new position for presidency responsibilities? If so ill do it.

Let me know, Rhine

55 Gal Reef.
30 Gal Fuge.

957-9197
2007 presidency
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2006 at 7:10pm
P.S. Could this be considered a new position for presidency responsibilities? If so ill do it.

I recommend posting that in the Recommendations forum as a new topic.  Not sure if the current, or next, presidency will do anything with it, but the input is always discussed.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2006 at 10:35pm
Rhine,

As Adam says, please post copy your post in the recommendations thread. I pull from these for each presidency meeting to discuss. That way - I won't miss it.

Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2007 at 2:29pm
Dario,

Thanks for the recommendation to podcast meetings.

As a short term alternative, we have began filming the meetings and offering DVD copies for sale.

The presidency discussed the possibility of adding a podcast (audio only) or a streamed (including video) copy of future meetings to our website. There are some technical obstacles that we need to research as well as determining if this service would be utilized.

We will continue to investigate this possibility to understand if our current site can support this feature.  If we offer a podcast or download, it will most likely be for Paid Members only.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic