Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sticky Notes?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Spuma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sticky Notes?
    Posted: December 05 2003 at 9:14am

As a newbie I find myself asking really basic questions that must annoy some of the members of the board, since I'm probably the millionth person to ask.  I was wondering, for the standard questions, especially for newbies, could we have a sticky note that would contain commonly asked question.  So a sticky note would go under lighting with all the FAQ on lighting and so on.

I guess it would stimulate new conversation on the board and not deal with the same questions over and over again and it would serve as a good area for general referrence.  Just my 2 centavos!

Ryan Willden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Willden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2003 at 9:21am
Great suggestion. I've made that one myself. Can this be done on common issues and topics Jake?
Flaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2003 at 9:31am
Web Wiz supports it but only an admin/moderator can mark a topic as "sticky".  I'm sure Jake or Adam would do it if "someone" were to put together a good FAQ.
Jake Pehrson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Pehrson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2003 at 12:19pm
Flaz is correct.  The only thing we lack is the document to make "sticky".
Jake Pehrson

Murray

coralplanet.com

:)
Spuma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2003 at 2:00am
Kay...  is there anything in particular that you are looking for in the documentation to be considered "sticky note" worthy (besides accuracy)?
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2003 at 8:34am
CaribSea and I created a reference document that may be useful to new and old hobbyists, if you would like to add that to the sticky notes, just ask.

On second thought, it's a four page document that may not be convenient in this format, but maybe a link to a printable version would make sense. If you want a copy, just E-mail me with your request.
[email protected]

Edited by Mark Peterson
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic