Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unhappy mushroom

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tfowers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unhappy mushroom
    Posted: December 07 2003 at 10:53pm
This happened to my green fuzzy mushroom yesterday after I dosed B-Ionic,

it calmed down and sucked it's stuff back in soon after.
Just some internal organ? Weird.
Oh - and my Cinnamon Clowns spawned! No good pics yet.

Tim
Trevah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trevah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2003 at 11:54pm
he should be ok if he starts to pull his guts in....mine have been 10 times worse after tearing apart my tank to remove a damsel ;)
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2003 at 12:03pm
Sorry to disappoint you but this is not a bad thing. From my experience this seems to be either a spawning, a splitting or an eating response. Don't be surprised next week to find two where the one used to be.

"Tearing the tank apart" releases tons of food into the water from the detritus stuck in the substrate and settled on rocks. A good storm is a welcome thing from time to time! Periodically take a turkey baster and squirt it down into the substrate in a few spots and around the backsides of a few rocks and then notice coral and small fish feeding on what you've released into the water!

Edit: BTW Tim, thanks for the pic of the occurance. Did you read the post about digital photography?
Congrats on the Cinnamon AF spawning. Gonna try to raise babies?

Edited by Mark Peterson
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
tfowers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2003 at 1:27pm
Yeah - getting the wife a new camera for xmas, hopefully pics will be better, I'd really like to start doing macro shots of my tank. Any recommended lenses? Yeah I'd definately like to raise AF - however don't think it's feasable with this batch. How are your tomato babies? Anyone else raising clown fry?

Tim
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic