Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WoW! Last Nights Meeting...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WoW! Last Nights Meeting...
    Posted: October 06 2006 at 8:44am
....was so great! Scott Michael has the most awe inspiring pictures! I think he must be the most knowledable fish nerd on the planet? He not only names all the latin names, he knows their personalties! What a great resource for us!

Thanks, Scott! Your presentaion was more than wonderful! I think I might be missing one of your books so I will be at The Aquarium this afternoon! I hope there are some left!

Thank you, Brad Daniels for sponsoring! Thanks to all who showed up! Thanks to Carolyn for the yummy treats!
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2006 at 8:49am
Suzy-
I feel exactly the same as you.  Thanks for making this post.  I couldn't agree more.
Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2006 at 9:39am
Suzy,

Thanks for starting this thread. I really enjoyed the meeting. The Aquarium went out of their way to help us out.  And, as usual, Scott's presentation was informative and beautiful.

Now - all check out the book signing today! The two for one coupons that The Aquarium handed out expire soon. Why not use them today!
Kyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2006 at 11:20am
He mentioned something about getting his list that he had on the projector. How can i get copies oh these?
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2006 at 11:22am
I'll get it, and we'll post it on this site.
Adam
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2006 at 11:30am
 Maybe we can add it to

<<<<<<< ?
Greenanemone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenanemone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2006 at 1:31pm
So did anyone take notes for me???

Ryan
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2006 at 11:04am
No notes...His presentation was power point, so my notes would entail:

Wow! Cool fish!

But, I did get some great pics that will be released through Copepodcast Productions in the near future! Watch for the Exclusive release coming soon!

But, 'till them, here's a few of the book signing:

Brad and Scott, looking really cute!

Here's me showing off Brads $1500 testing kit. I think I talked Rob into buying me one for Christmas!

Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2006 at 11:10am
Here's a shot showing Scott signing and answering questions, but it shows a bit of The Aquarium:

Here's Brad and ....Spike?

I love these pics the best! Scott Michael is really a funny, personable guy!

Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2006 at 12:11pm
The entire meeting was filmed. We are still working on to see how the audio and video quality turned out. DVD copies will be available soon depending on the quality.
ssilcox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssilcox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2006 at 12:31pm
My wife and I had the opportunity of shuttling Scott around saturday for the reef tour. I have to say - Scott has to be one of the nicest and funniest people I have ever met. What a great guy - and a great meeting!
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2006 at 4:07pm
Ok, so while we wait for the DVD, here is a tidbit:

CopePodCast Productions

Go big, and turn up the volume!
H200 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2006 at 8:54am
Adam,
Did we ever get Scott's presentation? I would love a copy of it as well as Eric Borneman's from last night, both were great!
thanks
Randy

210 gallon glass aquarium
90 gal Refuge.
900Gal Pond
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2006 at 8:59am
Let me check with Scott later today.  I can't remember what he has or hasn't sent to me.
Adam

edit- by the way I wasn't planning to get a copy of Scott's presentation, just a list of recommended fish for differing tank sizes.  I'll be with Eric tonight at the book signing, but I'm not planning to ask for a copy of his presentation.

Edited by Adam Blundell - November 03 2006 at 9:01am
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2006 at 9:17am
I don't think we will be getting copies,  but the meeting were filmed and we're working on making copies available soon.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic