Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

compatible or not?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jared B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: compatible or not?
    Posted: November 18 2002 at 10:58am

I have a 55 gal tank with about 100+ lbs live rock, and 5" sand bed.  I also run a Aqua C Remora Pro 24/7.  For lights, I am currently running 3 X 36" VHO - (50/50, Daylight, and Actinic) and will soon upgrade to include 2 X 250w MH; when I add the MH, all of my VHO will convert to actinic.  My current livestock inculude a Firefish, and a 3 1/2" Foxface.  I want to add what my LFS is calling a Dwarf Angel (it is dark blue with a yellow face - and a little larger than a quarter) a Royal Gramma and a pair of True Percula Clownfish.  I have a nice sized Frogspawn to house the Clownfish, and I assume that they will be fine with the current livestock.  I guess that my question is are these fish compatible with each other, or with time, will they - or one of them - become more aggressive towards the others?  I have heard that the Dwarf Angel tends to be too passive and becomes the object of abuse from many species of fish.

Your opinions are welcome!  Thanks in advance. 
- Jared.

Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2002 at 11:40am

Jared,

My feeling is that perculas, firefish, royal grammas, and dwarf angels are about the most docile animals.  They will get along with everything.  I can't think of a more passive fish than those you listed.  The foxface is the only fish to possibly consider an antagonist, but I think that they are very peaceful fish and I wouldn't worry about it at all.  Maybe someone else has had a different experience, but if you ask me none of these fish are to be worried about.

Adam 

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Jared B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2002 at 1:45pm
Do you know if the Royal Gramma's deplete DSB's like, say, a gobie or wrasse would?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic