Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LOCAL FISH STORE SECTION

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LOCAL FISH STORE SECTION
    Posted: December 13 2003 at 7:50am

This is a copy of a post I made just a few moments ago under another topic....

Just an update.  We do have a Local Store section on this site.  You just can't see it on your screen yet.  For the admin group we can log in there and test it out and make sure it is working.  This section will become active on January 1st.  All local store owners will be receiving a letter next week that will outline for them the rules and regulations to that forum. 
In response to Ryan's comments, this club has turned the tables recently and will not longer be supporting all the local stores.  We will instead be supporting specific stores that are of support to the club.  Hopefully in just a few weeks everything will be taken care of and any concerns you have may be addressed and resolved.

Adam   

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Marcus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2003 at 8:23am
Just out of curiousity, Adam, what stores are supporting WMAS?
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2003 at 8:24am

Well, good question.  For now, I don't know.  I'm assuming more stores will beginning this next year.  Until then, I'd rather not answer.  I don't want to say someone is, if they are not... and I don't want to leave someone off the list as well.

Adam

Edited by Adam Blundell
Marcus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2003 at 8:41am
fair enough
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2003 at 8:53am

What are the criteria for a store to support the WMAS?

tom- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2003 at 11:44pm
Most stores give 10% off for being a member is that considered support?
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2003 at 8:18am

It is just best to wait and see what happens.  I think many stores will be handing out flyers and business cards, offering discounts, and displaying WMAS signs.  This is the bulk of "support" and I don't think much else is asked from our end.

Adam

Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2003 at 8:38am
Twice I have visited Aquatic Dreams and both times Jeremy the store manager and WMAS member, has asked for flyers or business cards. Each time I give him all the cards I have and he passes them out freely. I hope we have some good flyers for them to pass out.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Spuma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2003 at 1:54am
Will we have a chance to review or post comments about the individual LFS in the mentioned section?   Or will this be more like a list of supported LFS and contact info?
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2003 at 12:25pm

Club members will not be able to post or ask questions in the LFS section.  It will be a forum page like this one where store owners only will have access to create posts.  Everyone can come and read them, but won't be able to post. 

Adam

Marcus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2003 at 2:10pm
So what about a forum where we could praise a LFS?
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2003 at 6:26pm

Originally posted by Marcus Marcus wrote:

So what about a forum where we could praise a LFS?

Isn't that happening here all the time?

Adam

SSpargur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSpargur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2003 at 8:37pm

Maybe we should just create a new forum for buyer feedback?  That way people won't have to do a broad search to find information on sellers.

Just a thought.

Sean Spargur
West Valley, UT
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2003 at 9:57pm
I think this is a great idea!  The LFS can use this forum to post specials and tell us when they get new shipments in.  I just hope they utilize this free advertising space.  I know that I for one would prefer to visit an LFS when I know they just got a new shipment.  It can be disappointing to visit they day before they get a shipment.  Especially when visiting one that is out of they way.
JodyR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JodyR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2003 at 7:58am
Originally posted by wsinbad1 wsinbad1 wrote:

I think this is a great idea!  The LFS can use this forum to post specials and tell us when they get new shipments in.  I know that I for one would prefer to visit an LFS when I know they just got a new shipment.

I agree with this Adam, for those of us who live WAY up north it would be a great help to know when the new shipments are arriving. Thanks I hope this new section will go great and have a lot of participation from the LFS crowd.

Jody
<font color="red">I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without all of the sponges?
Kevin View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2004 at 12:24pm
I am either impatient or blind. Has this section been made available yet? I would like to see it. If it is available where is it? If not when will it be?

Thanks
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2004 at 6:05pm

I thought it was online.  I can see it on my screen, but that has always been the case.  Nevermind on that date, I guess it isn't active yet.  I'll have Jake check into it so that it can go live.  It will appear, and should be on the main FORUM page, not on the home page, as a new forum.

Adam

Jake Pehrson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Pehrson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2004 at 3:13pm
The local fish store section has been a little delayed, but should be up very soon.
Jake Pehrson

Murray

coralplanet.com

:)
Jared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2004 at 9:35am
The forum is now displayed, any idea on when LFS can start using it?  I'd love to start seeing their specials.  Also, any news on how much longer we all have to be guests?
Jared Neilsen
Lehi, Utah
Jake Pehrson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Pehrson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2004 at 10:29am
LFS can start posting their specials as soon as they setup a username and password and contact Adam Blundell or Jake Pehrson with their info.
Jake Pehrson

Murray

coralplanet.com

:)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic