Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

When is the next mtg?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
kingsspot1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingsspot1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2003 at 1:46pm
And something that goes well with our meeting:
How about a demonstration on how to make coral plugs and composite rocks?
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2003 at 3:19pm
Coral plugs...uggh, do you like the look?
Isn't a rock more natural looking and easier to use?
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2003 at 5:48pm

Wow look at all the questions.  Well I won't go into the whole meeting, but trust me it will be much different.  No, I don't know what corals for sure yet.  But we are looking for donations. 
Jon, we will have 200 frags already cut and bagged for sale, so if you want to just show up and buy then you can.  Also, I don't think many people left last time without frags because we rarely run out of frags of any of the corals.  Usually there are plenty left over. 
Lynn- members won't have first access, sorry, but you will get them cheaper.  And sorry again, no talk about plugs.  I think the general consesus is to stay away from the plugs.

Get excited, it will be worth it.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
kingsspot1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingsspot1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2003 at 6:11pm
Plugs are easier to place and anchor. And to move around to a new location. Not everybody feels that plugs are bad.

Edited by kingsspot1
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2003 at 6:56pm

Come on, me just buy and run???

It's a Friday and I don't have to get up early the next day, maybe I'll be hungry after ...

Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2003 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by jfinch jfinch wrote:

Come on, me just buy and run???

It's a Friday and I don't have to get up early the next day, maybe I'll be hungry after ...

Implying that you may stay for dinner!  Who do you think you are? Carl?
Alright another person talkin' the talk, we'll see. 

Adam

Marcus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2003 at 8:45pm
The meeting is on a friday? OMG, I need to start paying attention more often. Who goes to dinner anymore?
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2003 at 12:26pm

Originally posted by Marcus Marcus wrote:

The meeting is on a friday? OMG, I need to start paying attention more often. Who goes to dinner anymore?

Marcus, we are trying Friday meetings quarterly to see if they will work out, since some club members suggested it would be better. As for the dinner crowd, you just never know.

Adam

Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2003 at 9:50pm
I bet there will be more people at dinner on Friday.  You may need to reserve a room somewhere.  I plan to be there too.  No work the next day.
SSpargur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSpargur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2003 at 9:53pm
I will commit to being there for Friday dinner too.  I heard that the presidency is buying, is this true?
Sean Spargur
West Valley, UT
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2003 at 8:40am

Originally posted by SSpargur SSpargur wrote:

I will commit to being there for Friday dinner too.  I heard that the presidency is buying, is this true?

Sean you have it just backward.  It is the other members who pay not the presidency.  That is why I'm trying to talk you guys into coming, so that it will be cheaper for each of you, and I can order more food and not feel guilty having you pay for it.

Adam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic