Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Worried about my Tang

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GonZo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GonZo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worried about my Tang
    Posted: August 01 2002 at 9:20pm
I have a yellow tang that's been in the tank about a month. It dosen't seem as Yellow. The back end and down into the tail seems to have a red undertone. Is this normal? or am I going to be doing mouth to mouth any moment?
Jake Pehrson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Pehrson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2002 at 1:26pm

The red you see is most likely blood coming to the surface of the skin.  This is usually a stess sign.  I would test your water to make sure everything check out.  You also may want to look for other tank mates that my be stressing him.

Jake Pehrson

Murray

coralplanet.com

:)
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2002 at 3:29pm

The red is definately not a good sign.  I would also bet on internal bleeding.  The best thing I can think of is to make sure you are providing the fish with a healthy diet.  Many medicines are on the market, but I wouldn't try that. 

Just keeping him eating well, and not stressed (as Jake said) is probably best.

Adam

GonZo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GonZo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2002 at 11:10am

Water checks returned in the clear and it has been eating well. However, what is too much food? How often should I feed to ensure health?

Cortney

Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2002 at 10:34pm

Cortney

You are in luck!  Keep him alive for 3 more weeks.  The September meeting will address this particular issue.  What kind of food, and how much!

Some say feed them a lot (I do) and some say feed them a little (Jake does).  Do whatever works for you.  Make sure he is getting plant matter like spirulina or veggie flakes.

Adam

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic