Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Picture

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bullitt4932 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullitt4932 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Picture
    Posted: December 19 2003 at 12:28am
This is my 7gal bow, i water change once a month only 2 gallons and i haven't scraped the glass in weeks.
This picture was taken on Nov 9th

Everything is growing to fast, the anemone is taking over the tank. It hasn't moved from where it placed itself on day one, and it hasn't started to sting stuff yet, luckily.

Both mushroom rocks need a new home along with the GSP's offers are open on those. PM me with interest.

Tyler
Kevin View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2003 at 7:52am
Just curious what are the floresent green things?
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2003 at 8:14am
calcareous algae
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Crazy Tarzan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazy Tarzan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2003 at 9:10am
I have some of those green things growing in my tank now too.  Yea, I know what they are now!
kingsspot1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingsspot1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2003 at 9:20am
I am super curious to know about your filtration and lighting, cause those picuters are awsome! Very pretty
kini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2003 at 10:10am
Nice!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullitt4932 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2003 at 10:15am
Lighting is a 36w retro fit kit for that tank. I bought it at Bird World for i think around $55, that comes with everything needed to put in the stock hood.

As for filtration, um... I don't have any at all really. i am using a aquaclear 200 for water movement, but i gutted the filtration side of it out and put rubble rock and 2 types of caluerpa in it as a makeshift refugeum.

I feed the fish 2 times a day, but only small amounts so they eat it all. There are tons of bugs and brissle worms in the rocks and sand bed. The tank has 4 hermits and only 1 snail (used to have 4 crabs ate 2 and one climbed out). This tank is less maintanence than my big tank.
Oh i top off once a week with about 40 oz. of rodi water.

Tyler
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2003 at 12:17pm

Originally posted by Kevin Kevin wrote:

Just curious what are the floresent green things?

It is Neomeris annulata, a common macro algae.  It is quite stiff, and grows slowly, but it's pretty common with Atlantic rock.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2003 at 12:36pm
Very nice tank Tyler.

Thanks for the detail Adam. We can always count on you.
What is the algae in this pic called? You know, the stuff that I had so much of, at one time.

Edited by Mark Peterson
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2003 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by bullitt4932 bullitt4932 wrote:

As for filtration, um... I don't have any at all really.

It is interesting that with all our talk here on the message board about the best methods of filtration, that the very thing we call natural filtration is not viewed as filtration, "at all really"!

Tyler made no error here. It's just words really. I guess that most people consider filtration to be some piece of equipment.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullitt4932 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2003 at 2:48pm
This tank is really clear, there is absolutely no fish poo in the tank i have never vacuumed the gravel either, nothing goes to waste, when i feed the tank you can see the sand move from all the stuff tunneling under it, the worms and stuff pop up and grab anything on the sand bed. Kinda cool to watch, reminds me of the movie TREMERS (SP) where the giant worms come out and eat people.

when i am fealing realy lazy sometime i water change with old water out of my big tank instead of taking the time to mix new. I have never dosed anything either, this tank is seriously 0 maintanence.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic