Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coral cutting seminar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JodyR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JodyR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coral cutting seminar
    Posted: December 20 2003 at 7:52am
Hi Adam!
Hey, this is Jody from up in Logan. I have a couple of questions for you.

First, how are things going on getting the PowerPoint presentations that we saw at the last meeting up on the web site? It would be great to refer back to them, show them to new refers, etc.

Second, I work as a nurse at hospital surgery center. We have quite a few light blue plastic instrument trays that you might find useful at the next coral cutting seminar. They could really help cut down on the water spilled onto the tables. They are about 13" x 20" and have a raised lip around the edge to help prevent water runoff. I use them around my tanks when I am changing water, cutting coral, thinning algae, cleaning filters, etc. I would like to donate these and I could bring down 20 of these or so. That is if you are interested. As long as I am working in surgery, the supply is never ending. Just contact me if you like this idea. Thanks.

Jody Reese      
<font color="red">I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without all of the sponges?
kingsspot1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingsspot1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2003 at 9:44am
So these are already used?
Marcus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2003 at 10:02am
Jody, I wouldn't mind one of those for myself. Are they give-aways or do you need them back?
SSpargur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSpargur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2003 at 1:46pm
I wouldn't mind having a couple of them for acclimating trays.  How much would you charge me for a couple?
Sean Spargur
West Valley, UT
JodyR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JodyR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2003 at 9:02pm
Hi Everyone!

The trays come in our surgical packs and we don't always use them. When we don't we just save them - so I guess we could say that they are not used.

As for an acclimation tray, the lip that runs around the edge is only about 1" high so they may not work for that but they can help keep water off of your testing or mixing table. Oh, and no charge for them - I will bring a bunch of them down and give them out as a donation to the club. How does that sound?
<font color="red">I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without all of the sponges?
Marcus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2003 at 10:24pm
Jody, Thanks!! Count me in for a couple, please. As soon as I get my tank stocked, I'll give you some frags.
SSpargur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSpargur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2003 at 8:32am
Jody, please count me in for a couple too.  I'm sure that these will come in handy!
Sean Spargur
West Valley, UT
JodyR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JodyR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2003 at 6:53pm
Hi Sean and Marcus!

Hey no problem, I will be glad to bring you down some. I think that maybe I had better bring a few more down than what I thought I would at first. Anyway, I will be sure to save 2 trays for the each of you. Merry Christmas and I'll see you in January!

Jody
SSpargur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSpargur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2003 at 7:12pm

Thanks Jody!  I appreciate it.

Merry Christmas to you too!

Sean Spargur
West Valley, UT
Marcus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2003 at 10:16am
Thanks Jody! Just look for the tatoos.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic