Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WMAS Library

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JodyR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JodyR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WMAS Library
    Posted: December 20 2003 at 8:08am
Hi Adam,

This might be asking too much but do you think it would be possible to include with the list of books and such in the library a current status on them, like if they are checked in or out? Maybe even a request form for checking out materials from the library that we could complete and post? I see all of the listings for the library and I have never even seen a tenth of it at the meetings. I would like to get a chance to check some of it out in the future if it is possible. Knowing what is going on with what is checked in or out might help all of us to plan future studies. Thanks.

Jody
<font color="red">I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without all of the sponges?
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2003 at 8:32am

I'm not  sure about the check in or out status, but an updated list is a good idea.  The other is a good idea, I just don't know how difficult it would be to do.  Also, our library is so big, with many items no one was checking out, that I told Kirk he doesn't need to worry about bringing stuff (like videos of old meetings).

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Sarnack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarnack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2003 at 1:51pm
I was working with Kirk on donating my company's library automation software for the club to use. It would catalog and keep track of the collection and so much more... like set due dates, print reminders to bring back overdue books, there is a web interface so you can look at the collection and reserve books or see if it is checked out. I guess he was too busy (and I was pretty busy too) so nothing happened.

Here is a demo of the web interface:
Click here

(P.S. - I asked a while back about the possibility of getting this book for the library and haven't heard anything:
Ultimate Marine Aquariums: Saltwater Dream Systems and How They Are Created
Check it out on Amazon.com

Dave

Edited by Sarnack
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2003 at 6:09pm

Thanks Dave, I'll check into both of those things.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
JodyR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JodyR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2003 at 8:52pm
Hi Adam and Dave!

Dave - I checked into the web demo of the software you told us about and I was impressed with what it could allow us to do with the WMAS library. I have a background in library science and I think that adding a combined library catalog, with the features of your program, would be a fantastic addition to the website and to the benefits of club membership. We would be the top dog on this one if we could pull it off. Also, Adam - how about the PowerPoint presentations on the club website? They would be another great plus to the website. What do you all think about this?

Jody

Edited by JodyR
<font color="red">I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without all of the sponges?
Jake Pehrson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Pehrson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2003 at 9:02am
The "Feeding a Reef" presentation should be posted online by the end of the year.
Jake Pehrson

Murray

coralplanet.com

:)
JodyR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JodyR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2003 at 6:49pm
Hey Jake!

Thanks a whole bunch for your efforts! This and the posting of other presentations (hint, hint) will be a fantastic addition to the website. I appreciate your efforts.

Jody   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic