Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

havee a IceCap 2 bulb setup? I need help.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
coreyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coreyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: havee a IceCap 2 bulb setup? I need help.
    Posted: December 20 2003 at 6:53pm

i'm looking for someone in the club to help me test a dimmer...

i bought the dimmer off of ebay, because it sounded really cool. However the guy neglected to say that it worked really poorly with a 4 bulb setup ( he actually said that he was running it on the exact same setup that i have ).

anyway... they guy is being a HUGE jerk and wont take the dimmer back and i don’t have any way to test it to see if it really will work fine on a 2 bulb setup - like it was made for. i would like to relist it on ebay, but i want to be 100% sure that it actually works. So, does anyone have a 2 bulb VHO setup on either an IceCap 660 or 430 that could help me test this dimmer out?

it would be great if it were up north around the ogden area ... but not nesesary.

Edited by coreyk
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2003 at 8:39pm
coreyk,

I have a e 2 bulb IceCap setup. However, my ballast is a model 450 (older). I'm not sure if the dimmer is compatible. You're welcome to come up and give it a try.

Shane
(435) 723-6613
Brigham City
SSpargur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSpargur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2003 at 9:06pm

I too have a 2 bulb setup with an Icecap 660.  You're welcome to test it out here. 

250-3524
I'm on the border of WVC/Magna (7200 W. 3500 S)

Sean Spargur
West Valley, UT
coreyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coreyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2003 at 8:00am
awsome ... thanks guys!

i'm going to get together with eric this week and take some pics of his tank,i think we'll be able to test it out then.  i also realized that i could just bring my ballast along. so, all i really needed was a 2 bulb setup that fit my ballast. duh! if his setup doesnt work or we dont get a chance to test it while i'm there i'll give one of you a call. thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic