Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coral chaos again?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adam Haycock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Haycock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coral chaos again?
    Posted: December 23 2003 at 7:39pm

I have only been to one coral cutting meeting and it was pretty chaotic. I was just wondering if there were plans to make it a little more civilized without all the "I was first" and such. What was that show with Arnold Schwarzanegger where he was trying to get the toy for his kid? Well thats what it felt like. I would even be willing to stand in lines if necessary.

Even with the chaos of the last meeting, I did get the frags that I wanted and all are doing great. I was just hoping to make the experience a little less stressfull.  If there is anything I can do to help make the meeting run more smoothly, please let me know. I would be happy to help!

-Adam

ewaldsreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewaldsreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2003 at 8:31pm
You just got to push people out of your way.
Actually I think that the last time it was set up well the only thing that would have helped would be a line for each coral being fraged. Maybe set up some cones or something.
Contact me for professional aquarium maintenance and localy grown coral frags. [URL=http://www.aquatitranquility.com][/URL]

Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2003 at 10:31pm
I applaud the presidency for making this next meeting a Propagation Seminar putting the correct emphasis on "How to propagate coral."

The chaos last time was caused by many factors including the fact that the Treasurer, the usual money handler, arrived after it was almost over. I'll try to be punctual this time.

Also, the WMAS is growing very fast thanks to this forum and website. I'd say we were unprepared for the sheer number of people that were clamoring for cuttings!

Remember, the value of membership in the WMAS is more than just a better price on coral cuttings.

Edited by Mark Peterson
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2003 at 6:18am

Lets do this.  I appreciate your comments but lets give it one more try.  Following the next cutting seminar send me all your thoughts.  As for now, I think we know all of your concerns, and I promise we are looking into many different ideas to make this seminar better. 

For now, I think it will be so much better that you will all be impressed. 

Thanks, and we could use the help during the meeting (setup and clean up mainly)

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic