Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alveopora

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WhiteReef View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alveopora
    Posted: December 10 2002 at 11:53am

I just purchased on Friday an Alveopora from Mountian Shadow Marine.  Currently I have not had much luck with it opening completely.  All of my other corals are doing great, so I am at a lose as to what I need to do to make it happy.  I have had some issue with finding a place to put it and currently I have it at the base of one of my LR stacks imbedded into the sand.  I turned off one of my pumps as it pushes a lot of water in its direction, but it still has not been looking as I had hoped.

For those who might not know my tank setup - 75gallon closed loop with 4 pumps for circulation.  4 36"VHO lights (2 actinic and 2 50/50), 3 inch sand bed, ~75 lbs live rock, and some macro algae.  I do weekly water changes of about 5 gallons to keep parameters good, and was told to use Kent Marine Coral Vite to help add iron and additional trace elements to the water.  The normal parms nitrates ~0, nitrites 0, ammonia 0, PH 8.2, salinity 1.0025.  I have a leather coral, ricordia, star polyps, zonathids, 4 types of montipora, xenia elongata, BTA, pair of maroon clowns, mandrin gobby, lavendar tang, coral beauty, 2 emeraled crabs, cleaner shrimp, several hermit crabs, and several tiny snails.

----------------

Richard

Former 47G Column Reef, Magna
20" x 18" x 31"H
WhiteReef View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2002 at 6:57am

Well, yesterday it started to open up.  It is only opening about 1/2 to 1 inch on its polyp extension, and most of the polyps are opening.

----------------

Richard

20" x 18" x 31"H
Jared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2002 at 8:14am
Just give it time.
WhiteReef View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2002 at 12:41pm

Anyone know if they feed on anything?  I have seen threads on Goniopora eating some different things, but what about avleopora?

----------------

Richard

20" x 18" x 31"H
Jake Pehrson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Pehrson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2002 at 4:27pm
Alveopora will consume the same as Goniopora.  Micro/Macroverts and free floating algae.
Jake Pehrson

Murray

coralplanet.com

:)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic