Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I Love My Coco Worm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dianatabor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianatabor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I Love My Coco Worm
    Posted: January 02 2004 at 7:54pm
I finally got a macro lens for my digital camera, so I thought I'd share my favorite picture so far. This is my sweet coco worm...

I could sit and watch its beautiful feathery crown moving in the current all day long. I've had it since August and it's still looking great!
ssilcox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssilcox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2004 at 8:15pm
Wow that is beautiful! Did you get it here locally?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianatabor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2004 at 8:41pm
Thanks so much! I got it at Mountain Shadow Marine in Centerville. They often have them in stock. Last time I was there, they had a really pretty pure white one. Man, was it hard to get out of there without buying it!!
peregrinus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peregrinus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2004 at 10:48pm
aquatic dreams in ogden had a few as well..
rstruhs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rstruhs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2004 at 10:15am
What were the prices at those stores?  I think The Aquarium has some in there display tank.  If it is the same thing they want about $80.00.  I would like to have a couple too!  However, I am always short of $'s.
Rodney, Sandra, Jeffery, and Laura Struhs
South Jordan, Utah 98th South & 40th West.
(801) 282-2744

75 gallon reef
55 gallon reef
55 gallon FOWLR
20 gallon FOWLR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianatabor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2004 at 12:13pm
I paid $45 for it at MSM. At the time, I thought that was kind of pricey, but I fell in love with the color and decided that I just had to have it. The more I talk to people, the more I think I got a reasonable deal. Especially since it's doing so well.

Edited by dianatabor
leviwin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leviwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2004 at 4:14pm
I think they are around $56 at aquatic dreams in ogden.  They have one that I saw today.  Looks pretty good similar to the one in the picture
Richard L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2004 at 10:15am
I have also seen them in Aquatica in Orem.  All the ones I have seen are about $42-45.00.  I picked one up about four months ago.  It is doing great.  One thing I have observed this both last week and this week: small yellowish green capsules coming right out of the tube from between the crowns.  Any idea what these are? Feces, sperm, eggs?  Not much in the way of info on the web.  The fish seem to ignore the capsules, but then I have seen them consume fecal matter too.  Any idea or direction? 
JodyR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JodyR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2004 at 5:07pm
WOW - Nice Coco Worm Diana! If you ever get tired of it let me know, I'll be happy to designate one of my tanks as a Coco Worm Shelter   
<font color="red">I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without all of the sponges?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianatabor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2004 at 4:11pm
Jody - Thanks! If I am ever in need of a Coco Worm Shelter, I'll keep your offer in mind!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic