Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Pictures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
seti007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seti007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Pictures
    Posted: January 06 2004 at 7:38pm
I just thought Id share some Macro pics of my reef tank. I just barely got a Sony DSC_V1 camera and so far am happy with the results.
Here is the link
http://photos.yahoo.com/whiz007
coreyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coreyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2004 at 7:44pm
nice! really like the feeding _tenticles_candy.jpg
ljbs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2004 at 8:48pm
I liked the pics.  It was a great slideshow.  I especially liked the cat.  Mine started meowing at my feet just as the picture came up.  The blastomosa is excellent.  Do you buy that coral or is it possible to get frags and start  a new one?  Great shots.
seti007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seti007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2004 at 9:05pm
Thanks for the kind words guys. I wish the website would let me display these images in 800X600 but im stuck at a max of 480X360. ljbs I recently aquired that blastomussa and its still too small to frag (not an easy task). I think I got that from reefsaveer and he might have another frag.
sjlopez39 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjlopez39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2004 at 10:12pm
Great pictures! I also like the blasto aswell as everything else in the pictures. The fungia is really cool.

I personally think the blasto is a perfect size for fragging. Ideally if you can get some frags with about 4 heads on them you could end up with a few frags the size of the one pictured in a few months. Blasto is one of my favorite corals to frag. Cuttings with less heads will grow into nice corals also it just takes em longer. Partial heads can be glued to rock and in many cases grow out nicely.

Sorry to focus so much on fragging blasto like that. It's just that I love fragging and I love blasto and I especially love fragging blasto.

Very, very nice pictures and thanks for sharing.

Keep your hands and arms inside the tank and enjoy the ride!

Steve
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2004 at 10:36pm

I like how you called them Yellow Star Polyps.  Don't see that very often.  Does anyone else call them that.

And if you want to frag your blastos just call Steve.  As he said he loves fragging blastos and is great at fragging blastos and his blastos are fragtastic!  By the way, I think we are fragging blastos on Friday.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Aquarium Creations View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2004 at 10:40pm
HOLLY BLASTOS, BATMAN..........
Aquarium Maintenance,Consulting,Custom Built Glass Aquariums
Rimless/Euro,24Hr Emergency Service 8015485201
Www.UtahAquariumDoctors.com
[email protected]

Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2004 at 5:15am
Cool pics! Your camera rocks!

Do you want to trade some turquoise 'shrooms for Red?
seti007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seti007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2004 at 9:41am
Well Ive never fragged blasto b4 so Ill be there on friday to see how its done.
Suzy Im always in the market for some trading. If you are at the meeting on friday we can talk. Do u have any pics?
Adam Ive heard them called yellow polyps and button polyps as well. What do u call them?

Edited by seti007
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2004 at 10:16am

I'd call them yellow polyps or maybe yellow anemones.  But that is just some made up common name.  I was just curious because I never hear of yellow star polyps.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
djangoboots View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djangoboots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2004 at 12:38pm
why can't i see it? when i type in the address it says the file i am
looking for is inaccessible and that i need to log in. do you need to
be a yahoo member?
125g whannabe reef
30g FW w/puffers
seti007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seti007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2004 at 1:13pm
U dont need to be a yahoo member try this link
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/whiz007
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2004 at 4:59pm
seti007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seti007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2004 at 10:23pm
Suzy Those look great. I guess well talk in the meeting about a swap.
I also uploaded some Hi_Res macro shots to a webpage. Check em out here
http://www.geocities.com/whiz007/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic