Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PM Problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PM Problems
    Posted: January 29 2007 at 3:09pm
Woah!  I was just reading the board when I got a PM.  The little box popped up saying I had 20 new messages!  Hey Jake I got 20 PMs at 2:03 pm today.  I was getting a pm from someone when it sent it 20 times each time with one more word added.   Like this.
PM 1  Hey
PM 2  Hey Jake
PM 3  Hey Jake will
PM 4  Hey Jake will you
PM 5  Hey Jake will you be
PM 6  Hey Jake will you be at
PM 7  Hey Jake will you be at the
PM 8  Hey Jake will you be at the meeting

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2007 at 3:14pm
That is also how multiple posts are occurring (I think). The post is updated each time you hit the space bar.
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2007 at 5:44pm

I was at Matt's house when he tried to reply to Adam. The PM failed because he had sent 25 pm's in the last hour/day? In reality he sent 3.

Mike

Jake Pehrson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Pehrson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2007 at 7:48pm
That is a feature not a bug.
Jake Pehrson

Murray

coralplanet.com

:)
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2007 at 2:13pm
This problem was also discussed at the presidency meeting.  No solution is readily apparent. Jake suggests moveing your mouse away from the "post reply" button - other than that, until this becomes a major nuisance, we'll just have to live with the bug, Embarrassed - ummm, feature!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic