Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Temp. of glass before drilling

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RockStarFish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RockStarFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Temp. of glass before drilling
    Posted: February 09 2007 at 3:36pm
I am going to drill my new 90gl today and was wouldering if I should keep it inside to drill it because it is kind chillie out side.What I guess I am asking is will it make the glass brittle if it gets to cold?
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2007 at 4:06pm
I don't think it really matters, but it's going to be more comfortable for you inside.
RockStarFish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RockStarFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2007 at 4:11pm
It isn't realy to cold out there but it is in a house that it is 70 and it is like 50 out side so I was just checking
DaveB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2007 at 11:17am
I remember the first time I drilled a tank.  I was scared to death that I would crack the tank and ruin it.  Since that first one, I have drilled probably about 50 holes in tanks and have never had a problem.  I have done the cold, hot, lots of water over the drill site, and not so much water flowing over the drill site.  The one thing I do reccomend, and if I was up North would be glad to let any of you borrow it, is a device that goes on to a handheld power drill that turns it into a Drill Press.  I bought it at Sears about two years ago.  It has rubber feet, and two bars that act as guides.  It is very stable, and does not allow any lateral movement as you drill..  I think the thing cost me about 25 bucks at Sears...

Dave
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic