Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

gold stripe maroons

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
acuramech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acuramech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: gold stripe maroons
    Posted: February 18 2007 at 10:42am
hey just curious.  i just picked up a breeding pair of maroons...  i put them in my 90 along with a new home for them.  a green bubble tip.  they were swimming around together before they found it.  now the big one is in its house and the little guy is clear across the tank.  is this normal???  also just my luck the anemone decided he liked the back wall of my tank under my live rock....  anything i can do to help him like somewhere  else better?
"TANKLESS"
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2007 at 11:29am
I'm sure he isn't done checking out other spots. Give it a few days and see if he moves again. If he isn't where you want him, use a powerhead to provoke him to move.
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
acuramech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acuramech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2007 at 11:31am
ha ha... i'll try that... just hope it aint on any of my sps... or others for  that matter...
"TANKLESS"
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2007 at 11:55am
You really don't want it around your sps, thats instant death to them. Anenomes are very dangerous for sps.  I know!!
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
acuramech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acuramech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2007 at 12:01pm
yeah thats what i am worried about.... hopefully he'll not have and appetite for them....
"TANKLESS"
kgwilliams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgwilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2007 at 5:11pm
That's just what happened with my pair of maroons!  The big one will make herself at home and within the next day or two she will let the male in.  My female would only let him in a certain part of the anemone for a couple days, but after about a week they were living happily in it.  So just give it a few days.  I'm surprised the anemone is moving that much with the clown hosting in it.
75gal reef /sump/ref 150MH 2 96w CF
Perhaps I would be better at basket weaving. . . at least it would be cheaper!
acuramech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acuramech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2007 at 8:30pm
man... this little woman is mean... she will go right at the male if he goes for food on the opp side of the tank.. she wont even let him close to where she is... hope these two knot heads work it out..  they were a breeding pair!
"TANKLESS"
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2007 at 11:41pm
Do they 'sleep' in the same spot at night?
acuramech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acuramech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2007 at 12:02am
yeah the male is in the dog house... i think he hides on the opp side of the tank
"TANKLESS"
griffith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2007 at 12:20am
My female takes over the BTA and the male goes under my carpet A.
Only once in awhile will she let him in the BTA.

acuramech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acuramech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2007 at 12:37am
I'VE ABOUT HAD IT WITH THESE GUYS!!!!
"TANKLESS"
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2007 at 10:45am
As long as the female is not picking on the male to the point of killing him, I wouldn't worry about it.  Maroon females can be very aggressive and it may take a few weeks for them to settle down.  I would worry more about your BTA moving around and killing all your corals in the process. 
acuramech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acuramech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2007 at 11:07am
ok.... ill let them have a marriage...
"TANKLESS"
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2007 at 11:15am
Originally posted by acuramech acuramech wrote:

ok.... ill let them have a marriage...
LOLLOLLOL
acuramech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acuramech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2007 at 12:14pm

GOOD THING MY WIFE DOESNT READ THIS OR I'D BE WITH THE MAROON... IN THE DOG HOUSE...

"TANKLESS"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic