Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tank o’ the Month

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
sjlopez39 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjlopez39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2004 at 9:20pm
I think it would be very sad to see tank o the month go away.

What if those members who are interested in being featured as TOM had a place on the TOM section to express what they have, when they would like to be featured etc.? Also, we could have a hard copy list of potential TOM's @ the meetings for those without internet access. Someone could be chosen from the list of those who have stated they are ready for the following month.

As far as Tank of the year, I think it would be very difficult to select one. Very similar to wrestling it would be nearly impossible to figure who is the wrestler of the year. Who would it be, the one who wrestles at the 105 lb. weight class or the one at the heavy weight class or the Greco Roman style wrestler or the freestyle wrestler? The same could be said in the reef tank hobby since their are a ton of different categories or techniques being used. I do appreciate the nice things that have been said in regards to my tank.

This is just an idea and my opinion. Feel free to stone me if so inclined. Should you stone me, please make it live rock and leave it submerged in water.     

Edited by sjlopez39
Keep your hands and arms inside the tank and enjoy the ride!

Steve
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2004 at 6:59am
Hi, Steve! Can the stones be Utah Stones? And is it OK if it's
submerged in Magna water?

I forgot about those without internet access! Next meeting, I'll ask
everybody! I'm thinkin' the hard copy list might be kinda short....I
think I might be able to remember it without a list! Everybody is
feeling kinda shy right now....I do have 2 potential prospects!
Thanks, Shane and Tim!

sjlopez39 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjlopez39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2004 at 10:44pm
Yes Suzy, Utah stones are fine with me. Magna water through an ro filter I could live with.

I will also mention the need for volunteers in the notes. I hope it helps.
Keep your hands and arms inside the tank and enjoy the ride!

Steve
Sarnack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarnack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2004 at 3:41pm

Suzy,

I know you have enough for now but I'd like to nominate Chris Rodesch, I saw his tank on the Reef Tour and it was awesome!

Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2004 at 4:14pm
Chris, PM me if you wanna be TOM! Your tank is awesome!
tom- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2004 at 11:38pm
how can I be TOM
John Fletcher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Fletcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2004 at 4:13pm
Hi, guys. I think the hole reason for "TOM" was to get to know each member and their tank. I would hope this has not turned into a contest. The only thing that I see missing is the detail of the tanks. What the tanks are ran on sump, no sump, lights etc. I think the first ones answered the questions. I would like to see that start back up. There needs to be more details. This is just my advise. Suzy is doing an excellant job.

John
John Fletcher

20 years experience

(Tank of the Month for May 2003)Taking a little break...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic