Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need help from a DIY'er.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help from a DIY'er.
    Posted: March 11 2007 at 12:03pm
     I have an Icecap 430 ballast and some end caps that I need to wire up for 2 48" vhos. The ballast doesn't have either of the plugs on the ends and no heat sink. I'm not even sure if it works. I'd like to learn how to do this and would gladly pay for some help or I have some stuff for trade.

14g Nano Tooele
GARFVolunteer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARFVolunteer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2007 at 3:05pm
Jake,

I don't think the heat sink is needed.  I have 4 of them running with very little heat.

You can buy a wiring harness at many different locations. They run in the neighborhood of $25

Here is the wiring for 2 bulbs: http://209.204.76.225/430-2.htm

You can email [email protected] and ask about the harness diagram.  Andy is pretty nice and helpfull.

Even if the ballast is bad, it only costs $65 flat fee to fix it (as of 2004 anyway).

Thanks,

Scott
President Idaho Marine Aquarium Society
A fair and biased reef hobbyist
"How do you make poor people rich by making rich people poor" Rush Limbaugh on Obama taxes
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic