Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Elegance

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
griffith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Elegance
    Posted: March 27 2007 at 10:43am
I'm thinking of getting an elegance and want to hear from people who have one (or had one).  How hard was it to keep, special instructions, etc.
Thanks,
Linn
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2007 at 10:45am
I hope this isn't for a nano. They can really inflate!

Mike

Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2007 at 10:54am

Ive had it since September. It has grown since these Pict's. It was under vho's for a couple of months and did well. Now it is under vho/MH and is growing well. I feed the tank phyto and plankton.(freeze dried.) I also spot feed with mysis.

I think most people keep to clean of a tank for these. I over feed all of my tanks and think that it helps some of my cool things to survive.
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2007 at 10:56am
I say good coral for you Linn.  Put it in the sand and try it out.
Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Debbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2007 at 11:17am
I have one if you want to buy it.  We have 2 and only have room for one. They are just under vho's and doing good. We were told they are deep water elegance and do well under any light.  They will sting people and other coral so they need enough room to expand.  We feed the tank phyto and spot feed the elegance mysis and brine .  Ours is a bright yellow/green color and doesn't have the long tenacles like  Dion's has.  It does have tenacle's but they are shorter.  Let me know if you re interested.  We live in West Valley.
Debbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2007 at 11:19am
I have one if you want to buy it.  We have 2 and only have room for one. They are just under vho's and doing good. We were told they are deep water elegance and do well under any light.  They will sting people and other coral so they need enough room to expand.  We feed the tank phyto and spot feed the elegance mysis and brine .  Ours is a bright yellow/green color and doesn't have the long tenacles like  Dion's has.  It does have tenacle's but they are shorter.  Let me know if you re interested.  We live in West Valley.

OOPS! My computer keeps freezing today! Sorry about the repeat!

Edited by frednwilma1999 - March 27 2007 at 11:58pm
griffith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2007 at 7:57pm
Yes I am interested.  I will PM you

Thanks everyone

and thanks for the great photos Dion

Linn
rbr8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2007 at 1:35pm
I've had an elegance for about a month now, similar in form to Dions, its tentacles are a little darker, but still with pink tips. I got it from Bird World and has been doing great in my tank. The current of my tank allowed it to trap a few pieces of mysis when I feed the fish. It opens up huge during the day, even more when it was in a slower-flow area of the tank for a couple days.

I've actually been thinking about selling it because I want to do something a bit different with my tank. If you're interested I can try taking a few pics tonight, or you can come take a look - I'm in downtown SLC. Let me know.

Ryan
tamortman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamortman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2007 at 1:44pm

i am interested if they don't want it pm me a price thanks

210/75g inwall reef
1500-2000g pond
Herriman
griffith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2007 at 6:42pm
yes I am interested - please send pics and price.
Thanks,
Linn
Jhamb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2007 at 8:03pm
Wow thats crazy I just bought one of these about 3 hours ago. It looks exactly like Dions.  I like it alot already its my first coral for my newly reconstructed 30 gal.
Jeremy

40B INW

USAF
Debbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2007 at 8:34pm
I am having a problem downloading the pics of the elegance I have for sale. It is a bright yellow/green about 8 inches long.  If anyone would like a picture, just pm me your e-mail address and I will e-mail them to you.  You really can't see the brightness of the color in the pictures, but it will give you an idea of what it looks like.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2007 at 8:56pm
Deb, send me the picture and I will post it.

Mike

Debbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2007 at 10:44pm
Thanks Mike.  I will send the pics to you.  They are not REAL good pictures but at least you can get the idea I guess.  I can't quite figure out how to get good pictures with my digital camera.  These pics were taken with my cell phone.  Pretty sad that a $100 cell takes better pictures than a $400 camera!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2007 at 3:01pm
You are right the pictures are not real good but here they are. I have seen this coral in person and it is a beauty. The pictures do not come close to doing it justice.

Debbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2007 at 4:41pm
Thanks Mike!! Big%20smile I really need to take some time and mess around with my camera and see if I can get some better pictures.  These pictures are not even close to the real color of these corals.  I guess at least you can see the shape and get an idea of what they look like.
griffith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2007 at 8:07pm
Thanks for the pics - I'm interested in the yellow one.
Let me know.
Thanks,
Linn
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic