Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problem with fish

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
acerob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acerob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem with fish
    Posted: March 27 2007 at 5:27pm
I got up this morning and was looking at my Heniochus and his eye was bulging out.  any one know what would have caused this or if there is anything I can do to help it or if it will just get better on its own??
Highland, UT

12g Nano

90g Reef
Ed Taylor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2007 at 6:34pm
Does it look cloudy at all? The only thing I could think of trying would be Melafix. Treat it in a hospital tank if at all possible.
155 Bowfront
90 tall, tangs, softies
70 tall, fresh
72 bowfront FO (sons tank)
55 fresh (sons)
30 hex fresh (daughter's)
acerob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acerob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2007 at 8:28pm
one eye does look a little cloudy, but tonight I got home and now the other eye is bluging out.
Highland, UT

12g Nano

90g Reef
Dale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2007 at 8:04pm
that's no bueno. everytime i had that problem, it's lights out for that fishy.
peiji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peiji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2007 at 10:19pm
I had a clown with that problem. I treated it with Melafix in a seperate tank and it worked. I still have the Melafix if you want it. And, I'm in Highland.
Jared Page
Highland, UT
Graphic Designer
acerob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acerob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2007 at 10:11am
well the good news is, it looks like the fish is going to make it.  the second Eye has gone back in.

the bad news is that the first eye that popped is gone.
Highland, UT

12g Nano

90g Reef
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2007 at 7:30pm
I'm glad the fish is going to make it but that's a bummer about the eye.

Mike

pmpt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmpt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2007 at 9:55am
I've heard that called Pop-eye. Can't remember the exact reasons but I've heard its due to shipping and the high pressure of the flight in the plane. Once they get it, every time they get stressed out their eye pops out. I've seen fish live for a long time with it. Just try to reduce the stressful situation.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic