Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stray Crab needs ID

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TADefa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TADefa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stray Crab needs ID
    Posted: March 30 2007 at 7:34pm

Can anyone help me identify this Crab. It was a stray off of a piece of coral that I bought.  It looks pretty mean to me so I am not sure if I dare put it in my reef. Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Todd Defa
TADefa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TADefa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2007 at 8:31pm
After more research on the web. I believe that it might be a Porcelain Crab.
Lyscer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyscer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2007 at 11:34pm
Is it an acro crab? If so I would leave it in the coral. I purchased an acro that had an acro crab in it and it leaves the main coral during the night and ventures to my other SPS and I have noticed a huge increase in growth in the corals that it visits.

Edited by Lyscer - March 30 2007 at 11:35pm
TADefa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TADefa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2007 at 12:44am
That is what it must be. Thanks for your help. I put it in my tank. We'll see if it finds its way back to the coral.

Thanks again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic