Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

wrasseTamarin wrasse

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
tony.and.debp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony.and.debp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wrasseTamarin wrasse
    Posted: April 02 2007 at 1:10pm
Hello,
I got a sixline wrasse and added a Tamarin wrasse to my tank and the sixline will not stop chasing the other wrasse.  Does anyone have any suggestions or did I make a big mistake?

Thanks,
Tony
Tony
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2007 at 4:38pm
Six lines don't want to get along with other wrasses.  IMO, I would get one or the other out before the sixline kills the tamarin.  Tamarins are hard to keep alive as it is.
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2007 at 6:33pm
Sell me the Tamarin...... I personally hate 6 lines
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony.and.debp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2007 at 6:57pm
Dion,
I would have sold him to you but he jumped out :(
Tony
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2007 at 7:36pm
Cry Next step is get the 6lineEvil%20Smile
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony.and.debp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2007 at 9:06pm
Dion, I know what you mean.   If we keep the sixline does that mean any other fish that we decide to put in that is not aggresive he will go after.  
Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony.and.debp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2007 at 9:07pm
The reason I ask that question is because he is almost impossible to cature.  He tends to hide in the live rock.   
Tony
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2007 at 10:12pm
He will be aggressive to newcomers.  Especially other wrasses. I know Brad @ The Aquarium added a mystery wrasse to his display tank and his sixline killed it.
335G Reef
TOTM.

&
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2007 at 6:50pm
how would you catch the sixline?
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
I KNOW ROCKS THAT ARE YOUNGER THEN ME!! I AM A Realist! I write what I think!!
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2007 at 9:53pm
You might try to hook it!
Bad "censored" Cabinets

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony.and.debp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2007 at 10:20pm
I knew the rock that he went in when the lights went out so I took the rock into my quarantine tank and got the wrasse out.   
Tony
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2007 at 10:34pm
Thumbs%20Up right on
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2007 at 11:02pm
That's the best way Clap 

WingNut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WingNut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2007 at 4:41pm
I have the same thing going on! I had a perfectly happy red tailed tamarind wrasse.  One of the LFS guys was telling me that a 6 line wrasse is a "must have" fish; just as important as snails, hermits and sand sifters.  So I get one and my red tamarind wrasse has no fins! The tamarind wrasse is triple the size of the 6 line! I'm gonna try to catch that 6 line (yeah.. right) and donate him to something... someone.. somewhere.  Maybe i can put a decoy red tailed tamarind wrasse in a fish trap as bait.  Who sells plastic red tailed tamarind wrasses? Maybe I should add a lionfish?
6 lines should come with a warning label like cigarettes!

Edited by WingNut - April 07 2007 at 4:54pm
W. Nut
210 Gallon Reef with Fish
50 Gallon Sump/Refugium
ASM G-3 Skimmer
Korallin Calcium Reactor 1502
Barracuda Sequence Reeflo Pump
Lights.... Camera... Action
raggtags View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raggtags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2007 at 9:09pm
just so i know if the wrasse you are talking about tameran wrasse real name is yellow tail wrasse  there are two? ananpses  meleagrides if so let me know ???

they are about 20.00 to 26.00

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony.and.debp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2007 at 10:55pm
I totally agree with you.   I did not know they could be so mean.  You do the research and then you put something in your tank and it does not work.   :(
Tony
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2007 at 10:55pm
They aren't the yellow tail. They are the RED Tailed Tamarin wrasse.

Anampses chrysocephalus

Edited by tileman - April 07 2007 at 10:58pm
335G Reef
TOTM.

&
raggtags View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raggtags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2007 at 11:43pm
not by the current pricelist when i pulled up the name they crossed
over to the other names as order names ?
not uncommon wholsalers and stores sometimes never match
then i did a internet search and they came up as the pricelist
give it a try..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony.and.debp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2007 at 12:15am
Thanks for the help however, I went to Mountain Shadow yesterday and bought a red tail Tamarian wrasse.

Thanks,
TOny
Tony
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2007 at 12:33am
Red-Tail Tamarind Wrasse - Anampses chrysocephalus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic