Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anemone wont attach!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Glutimist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glutimist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anemone wont attach!
    Posted: April 02 2007 at 11:03pm
My anemone has be in my tank for about two to three weeks and still looks like it is doing well. The only thing is, is that it wont attach to a rock or anything. so it falls to the sand floor. I have a clown fish that is hosting it and kinda knocks it around. Any advice or tips would help, Thanks.
Never summer!!...Wheel of time?
16 Gal
46 Gal bowfront starting
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2007 at 11:20pm
WELCOME!

What kind of anemone is it?

Glutimist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glutimist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2007 at 6:44pm
it is a long tentacle anenome and its starting to not look as good and still not attached.
16 Gal
46 Gal bowfront starting
siren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2007 at 9:28am
I wouldn't be that worried unless it really starts poopin out.  Long tentacles like to bury their foot in the sand under a rock or something, and don't really waste their time on the rock (or at least in my experience).  My advice is that you set it on it's foot next to a rock up against a rock and put a net over it so that the clown can't get in it.  Then take off the net when it's attached. 

Does it eat at all?

best of luck!
Glutimist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glutimist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2007 at 12:21am
Well I feed my tank often so I asume it eats how do I know for sure if it is eating?
16 Gal
46 Gal bowfront starting
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2007 at 1:36am
If it's not dying, that's a pretty good sign. Tongue Just kidding...I hand feed mine about once a week to be sure it's getting something to eat.  Can you take a picture of it and post it? 
Debbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2007 at 4:47pm
I hand feed my anemones too. Mine took about 2-3 weeks to decide where they wanted to be.  Now they are attached.
Gilmore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gilmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2007 at 1:07pm
Mine attached to the bottom of the aquarium through the sand  he has done fine there for 3 years now let him move around he will settle in a spot he likes. do you have any clowns they can help it thrive as they will feed it. our you can hand feed it krill, shrimp live fish depending on it's size they like medium water flow.
Summertop View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summertop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2007 at 4:01pm
Unattached is great...easier to remove them.Wink

Seriously, I like anemonies...I had two (bta) in my tank.  It took them a bit to attach.  Things went fine for a long time.  The corals in the tank were growing.  Then both anemonies decided to move.  they started stinging/killing corals...I no longer have them.  I like the corals more.

I've seen some nice "Anemone" tanks.  They look great.  I'm tempted to set one up.  OK...I'm rambling...

Anemonies will move around till they find a spot they like.  You can speed this process up by "guessing" where they will be happy.  As was suggested, you can place them in suitablelocations and they will attach.  But, if they decide they don't like that spot, they will detach and move somewhere else.

===========

Shawn Winterbottom
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic