Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fish Radio Show

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
griffith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2007 at 9:41pm
I love the podcast idea.

Linn
Cephyowner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cephyowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2007 at 9:42pm
ok how bout this.. we try for radio local public...OR if we cant due to what ever reason we go for online radio... Or after that we shoot for podcasts
8 Tentecles Of Terror
Check out my blog!
800 gal Octo tank

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cephyowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2007 at 9:49pm
I will bring this up in the next meeting. Because it is a topic that is need to be reveiwed.
8 Tentecles Of Terror
Check out my blog!
800 gal Octo tank
raggtags View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raggtags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2007 at 9:58pm
the idea of saurday night from 5 to 7 is because its a national time slot
and it wont cost the club anything
2 hours national would be around 2500 per hour if you were paying for it
also its streaming audio, and satalite

and it would nation wide if advertised around the country we could take calls from all over the country

then if the show was good enough it could get sindacated
the club could pull in major $$$$
think of all the good it could do maybe support a reef rebuilding
trip who knows
801-955-5855
TriggerHappy View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriggerHappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2007 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by EagleEyez5 EagleEyez5 wrote:

...I would only try to feel the shoes of Adam......

Always something to say and a little experience in STD's......I mean fish........

Ya gotta shoe fetish, huh? LOL
210 gallon Mixed Reef
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2007 at 10:42pm
LOL

EagleEyez5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2007 at 12:53am
I like to FILL in people's shoes, this lets me FEEL in people's shoes....

WMAS PAID SPONSOR
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriggerHappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2007 at 1:23am
Yeah...you're a closet shoe fetish dude.  Please know that the first step to recovery is to actually admit that you have a problem. LOL 
210 gallon Mixed Reef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2007 at 1:46am
Most of the shoes are in the closet so I think I will just hang out in here a while......not quite ready to admit it...

WMAS PAID SPONSOR
bbauman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2007 at 8:42am
I'm a computer guy. You'd need to set up a web server with decent storage capacity, and the ability to juggle the downloads of the streaming video. I also have web design experience. I'd be willing to help with whatever I can.
28g Cube

Beginners Guide to Saltwater Aquariums

Brandon in West Jordan
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2007 at 9:24am
Here's the honest situation ...

There is simply not enough interest in the club presidency to make this happen. If you all want to get together and have a fish talk show, then by all means --- DO IT. I will certainly tune in and help with special events. But the club cannot commit to a long term deal.

I know it sounds like an exciting opportunity. But remember, it is not one Saturday, or two, or even a months worth. It is every week! You will need to find guests, write shows, seek advertisers, create publicity events. All for free. How about a full time job, without getting paid.

The club can barely get enough people to commit to stay home for one Saturday a year to show their tanks to the public! And even with the biggest name is the hobby coming to SLC last month, we only had 72 people show up to listen to him speak. I'm just not convinced the listenership is there - even among Paid Members of the club.

The idea of a radio talk show is appealing, but the reality is, the club cannot support this venture - at least not at this time.
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2007 at 10:57am
That was a disappointing turnout. At least to my expectations.

Mike

jeffras View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2007 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Shane H Shane H wrote:

Here's the honest situation ...

There is simply not enough interest in the club presidency to make this happen. If you all want to get together and have a fish talk show, then by all means --- DO IT. I will certainly tune in and help with special events. But the club cannot commit to a long term deal.

I know it sounds like an exciting opportunity. But remember, it is not one Saturday, or two, or even a months worth. It is every week! You will need to find guests, write shows, seek advertisers, create publicity events. All for free. How about a full time job, without getting paid.

The club can barely get enough people to commit to stay home for one Saturday a year to show their tanks to the public! And even with the biggest name is the hobby coming to SLC last month, we only had 72 people show up to listen to him speak. I'm just not convinced the listenership is there - even among Paid Members of the club.

The idea of a radio talk show is appealing, but the reality is, the club cannot support this venture - at least not at this time.

Totally understandable!  BTW, the next time you need an airport pickup or a tour guide for a guest then let me know. I would be interested in helping out in that respect.
Jeff Rasmussen

raggtags View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raggtags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2007 at 11:09am
i fill the same way its 2 hours aweek prep work
and two hours to do a show
the people can rotate and not have to be there every week

i would still like to do the show all we need from the club is maybe help with guests that they would like to here for them selfs

i thought it would be a great way to promote the very things this club was
formed to do

well lets see what happens
801-955-5855
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriggerHappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2007 at 11:42am
Originally posted by EagleEyez5 EagleEyez5 wrote:

Most of the shoes are in the closet so I think I will just hang out in here a while......not quite ready to admit it...

Good point...at least you have your foot in the door.  LOL
210 gallon Mixed Reef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cephyowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2007 at 12:26pm
I agree ive done secret pirate radio in my attic its not that hard if you have the equiptment which i do so if you need it ill take down my station for the parts.

Edited by Cephyowner - July 27 2007 at 12:27pm
8 Tentecles Of Terror
Check out my blog!
800 gal Octo tank

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cephyowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2007 at 6:46pm
8 Tentecles Of Terror
Check out my blog!
800 gal Octo tank

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2007 at 9:28pm
Raggtags and cephyowner.....Call me if this is something you are really interested in......If the club wont support this now, lets get it gowing and then they can pay for some advertising later, once it is up and running.....If we could find the free place to nationaly broadcast to get started{like was said earlier}lets give it a try......get a few weeks under our belts....we don't have to have in studio guests to start....we could do phone calls to some famous people just to get it off the ground......

I also have a website that I pay for every month....but only use about 1% of the memory alotted.......If you want to set something up using the site the name I have paid for is www.eaglecreekcabinets.net

We could do eaglecreekcabinets.net/fish {or aquarium, saltwater, saltwatertalk....}another option would be to just buy another name....through yahoo it is only about $12 a month.....{then we could always put a link to my site}

WMAS PAID SPONSOR
Jake Pehrson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Pehrson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2007 at 11:58pm

If you actually started something then I would be happy to host the site.  I would like to see it happen I just don't know how feasible it would be.

Jake Pehrson

Murray

coralplanet.com

:)
juliusjammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juliusjammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2007 at 10:00pm
I would listen for sure but my request is to record the show and offer it as podcasts so if we miss it we can catch it later.

I personally would just download it to my ipod and listen at work.
24g Nano
American Fork
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic