Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fish Radio Show

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fish Radio Show
    Posted: April 03 2007 at 12:11pm
Okay this is a follow up to Heil's post.

Lets say that we do put on the Fish Radio Show.  We'd need a few people to really help out with it. 
1) Someone to take the incoming phone calls and screen them, and queque them up.
2) 3 People to help run the show, and be there in the studio, but would not have to be on the air (unless you want to), but to organize things during the show
3) 2 web gurus.  People to stream the video and the like.

This would be done on Saturday evenings.  So here is the question.... who here is actually willing to help out and make this happen.  Trust me, you don't have to have any skills or special talents, we just need a couple solid volunteers.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
superman1981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superman1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 12:22pm
Where are you planning on running the show from?  I do have some broadcasting experience, and was a sound engineer for 3+ years (I still do it as a hobby, but not professionally anymore).  Let me know, I'd be interested, but I would need to know all the details and what not.
Sure you are, you are Crappy Reef Club Member #1 -Chk4tix

6 gal nanocube
65 gal build thread
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 12:27pm
Consider yourself "IN".  That is so great to know, and to have.  I don't have many details, I'm assumming at a station here in Salt Lake.  You could certainly be of great value.
Adam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superman1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 12:31pm
Well Adam, it might take some work convincing the misses, but I've always wanted to work in Radio (I actually almost took an internship with one of the local radio stations recently, but then when I started looking at what life would be like with the pay cut and decided against it...) Let me know what you guys figure out!

6 gal nanocube
65 gal build thread
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 12:33pm
I'd be interested in helping in some way.
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 12:42pm
You both are "IN"
Adam
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 12:50pm
Saturday NIGHT?

Hmmm ... that might put a crimp in the whole date night thing!

Edited by Shane H - April 03 2007 at 1:09pm
ReefBones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefBones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 1:02pm
I would be intrested as well ... Just tell me where and when ...
140 gallon Reef
65 gallon Reef
55 gallon Aggressive

www.thesalttank.com

801-865-6074

"encourage other divers and sea enthusiasts to take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but bubbles"
dnellans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnellans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Shane H Shane H wrote:

Saturday NIGHT?

Hmmm ... that might put a crimp in the whole date night thing!

bah finch wanted to stop dating you anyways, he just hasn't known how to tell you without making you cry LOL
http://david.nellans.org
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 1:55pm
And, I didn't want to make Jake made either!  LOL

I'll help out if all the bumper music is Pink Floyd!  Tongue

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superman1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 2:10pm
Jon,

Now you're talking, PF and Fish, sounds like a great radio show to me!  I can be the DJ, I know tons about PF... and a little bit about fish...

6 gal nanocube
65 gal build thread
Freshy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freshy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 10:18pm
I would be interested in helping, I don't know much about anything, but I'm willing to help. 

Andrew
Jake Pehrson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Pehrson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2007 at 11:22am
I'll help out.  I am probably better at pushing buttons then talking into a mic.
Jake Pehrson

Murray

coralplanet.com

:)
ssilcox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssilcox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2007 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Jake Pehrson Jake Pehrson wrote:

I'll help out.  I am probably better at pushing buttons then talking into a mic.

Ditto. Although I need to finish a couple other projects first. ::cough:: Tank of the month ::cough::

This sounds like fun.

Edited by ssilcox - April 04 2007 at 1:13pm
dlaclo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlaclo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2007 at 3:10am
i would be willing to help... and have u thought about xm or serius satalite... ( bigger audience )
Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible.
Cephyowner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cephyowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2007 at 9:15pm
It would seem under completion of this show that we should shoot for a.m. 570. Because they have an extensive public broadcasting array. I myself can help if there is any need for assistance. Perhapse co D.J. for I have a very large practice in invertabrates. Also we should advertise for the living planet aquarium,support for the beginning aquarist, and guest local pet store owners. The idea of a night program doesnt fit my mind as the ideal aquarium show day time should be brought to an idea.
8 Tentecles Of Terror
Check out my blog!
800 gal Octo tank
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2007 at 9:18pm
Welcome Cephyowner!

Mike

jeffras View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2007 at 9:29pm
Radio shmadio!!!! Too expensive. Why not just podcast this (just upload an mp3 file and create a link)? Much cheaper and you can still take live calls. No need to screen the calls, just edit the audio file if you need to before posting it.
Jeff Rasmussen

Cephyowner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cephyowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2007 at 9:33pm
optimism...friend
8 Tentecles Of Terror
Check out my blog!
800 gal Octo tank
EagleEyez5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2007 at 9:37pm
I would be willing to help onair....as long as I had some experts there to answer the questions......I guess I could provide some quick wit.....It could be like love line....I would only try to feel the shoes of Adam......

Always something to say and a little experience in STD's......I mean fish........

WMAS PAID SPONSOR
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic