Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Star Polyps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
superman1981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superman1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2007 at 11:13am
Yeah I have noticed that, mine used to look kind of brown, but they look a lot greener once they grow out a little longer.
Sure you are, you are Crappy Reef Club Member #1 -Chk4tix

6 gal nanocube
65 gal build thread
jbo22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbo22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2007 at 1:14pm

one thing I have notice about my GSP is that they like A LOT of flow on them.  I had them in an area without as much flow and they didn't grow fast.  Then I put them in an area with high flow and they have spread like crazy.  Also, it seems like my Kenya trees keep them in check.  The kenya trees won't let the GSP's even get close.

Kenya's anybody want some frags?  I have them growing everywhere and I don't want them. - in Orem

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superman1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2007 at 9:35am
jbo22, thanks for your response, it's good to know that Kenya trees will keep them in check!

Also, I agree with the flow, I think the reason why mine have started growing so fast is because I changed the direction one of my powerheads is aimed...

6 gal nanocube
65 gal build thread
JS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2007 at 4:55pm
I agree with the flow. Doen't seem like the GSPs can ever get enough.
Be careful who watches your tank! http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=27846

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superman1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2007 at 5:38pm
Plus they look a heck of a lot cooler with a lot of flow!

6 gal nanocube
65 gal build thread
stephan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2007 at 11:13am

I've had them in high flow before and was worried that it was too rough on the extended polyps so I moved them. I'll try higher flow.

Stephan Lovstedt
Camarillo, CA
65 Gallon Glass
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic