Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will the next reef tour include Cache Valley?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chris.rogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will the next reef tour include Cache Valley?
    Posted: April 16 2007 at 4:55pm
Are there enough volunteers in the Cache Valley area to make a Cache Valley extension of the reef tour?  I doubt there'd be many people who come over, but it would bolster the list.

The next one is coming up in July, isn't it?  By that time I should have a few more coral additions and perhaps a nice lighting addition.

Has this been done before?  What was the output?  What was the reaction?

Just curious.
Ils sont fous, ces Romains!
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2007 at 5:19pm
Chris,

The next reef tour will be in October. I have considered many things to make the northern most area of the club successful during the reef tour. At the top of that list is a volunteer to take ownership of the area and promote the he## out of the tour. Local newspapers, radio stations, flyers in all the right places, etc. If someone is willing to solicit people to open their homes and promote the tour, I'm sure it can be a success in the north.

So, do you know anyone who would like to volunteer to head up the "Extreme North" section of this year's reef tour? Embarrassed (hint, hint)
chris.rogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2007 at 7:25pm
LOL

I could take my best shot, but you're not going to get my 100%.  My thesis wrap up will happen in October, I'll be defending in November, and graduating in December.

I'd be willing to do some stuff, though.  When the time comes, we can discuss it in more detail.
Ils sont fous, ces Romains!
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2007 at 11:29am

Chris,

We discussed your recommendation last week. The presidency would really like to include Cache Valley on the reef tour this year. Adam Blundell has agreed to chair the reef tour committee this year. He has started a thread requesting volunteers for area leaders. Please respond to his thread and he will place you on the committee. We will give you all the information and support you need for Cache Valley. The reef tour will be as successful as the area leader make it. It will require some work and time to solicit advertisements, and hand out flyers, etc, ect.

As in past years, the club will not pursue any paid advertising. However, there are a lot of ways to get free advertisement. Adam will be sharing a ton of information with area leaders in the coming weeks. Mainly you will need to get participants and get the the word out!

Thanks for your recommendation and your willingness to help out. Good luck on defending your thesis.
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2007 at 11:30am

Right after I posted, I had another thought.

You might want to talk to Steve Burton about including his maintenance tanks on the tour this year. This would be great publicity for him and may add several participants to the Cache Valley area!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic