Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

whats wrong with my zoos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bwinberg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwinberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: whats wrong with my zoos
    Posted: April 20 2007 at 5:57pm
I put some zoos in my tank on Monday along with frogspawn, hammer, protopaly, and a purple mushroom, all are doing fine except the zoos they are green with yellow center. 60% of them have never opened, a few of the ones that have opened are turning black.  I super glued them on to the rock. anyone know what I can do? Do they need alot of current? Little Current? Any Help is appreciated. 
24 Gal JBJ Nano Cube
kgwilliams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgwilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2007 at 10:03pm
About all I can tell you is low flow and low light.  They will tolerate a little more of both but if the flow is too much they won't open.  Try moving them around and see what spots they like more.
75gal reef /sump/ref 150MH 2 96w CF
Perhaps I would be better at basket weaving. . . at least it would be cheaper!
bwinberg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwinberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2007 at 10:08pm
I glued them to the rock. Should I cut them off the rock with a razor blade?
24 Gal JBJ Nano Cube
Debbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2007 at 10:08pm
what kind of light??
bwinberg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwinberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2007 at 10:09pm
power compact 2x65w
24 Gal JBJ Nano Cube
Firefish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Firefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2007 at 11:43am
Usually superglue doesn't bother them, but something is. I think your lights should be fine. SOMETHING is bothering them and killing them. The black could be dead tissue. Did you put them close to any of your other corals? All of the other corals that you listed could kill zoanthids.
5 gal fluval spec v http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65727&KW=&PID=531710&title=my-new-little-one#531710 12 gallon jbj nanocube reef Stansbury Park (Tooele Area)
jbutler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbutler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2007 at 12:17pm
I would do an iodine dip on them asap to help any bacterial infection and kill any pest you may have.  Use about two cups of your tank water and 4 drops of lugols iodine.  Dip for 5 mins.  During the dip, squirt off the polyps and the rock.  Place the frag back in the tank.  I would  put them on the sand and watch them for about a week before you glue them back on the main rock.
bwinberg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwinberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2007 at 2:48pm
I'll give that a try. Thanks for the help

24 Gal JBJ Nano Cube
juliusjammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juliusjammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2007 at 9:50pm
how are they doing now and what did you do?
24g Nano
American Fork
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic