Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Rules

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Jake Pehrson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Pehrson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Rules
    Posted: April 25 2007 at 9:51pm
In order to keep the forums running well and to prevent problems, please follow these simple rules.

• Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.  The only exception is pet store owners/managers may have an account for personal use and an account for business use.
  • Large images should not be used in signature lines
  • Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
  • Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts.
  • Please wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping posts.
  • Spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private Message system to spam other members.
  • Discussion of illegal activities will not be allowed.
  • We will not allow posts that are sexual in nature.
  • While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
  • The "Off-topic Forum" is where WMAS members and non-members can gather to chat about almost anything.  If topics in this forum begin to distract from the main purpose of the message board then they will be removed without warning.
  • We reserve the right to remove any post(s) without notice.
  • The WMAS reserves the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
  • We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our forums are a privilege and not a right.
  • Any pictures posted on the message board can and may be used by the club and its affiliates. 
  • Although not required it is highly recommended to use a spell checker before posting.

• Edited by Jake Pehrson - April 17 2010 at 5:37pm
    Jake Pehrson

Murray

coralplanet.com

:)
    hydro phoenix View Drop Down
    Paid Member
    Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hydro phoenix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2010 at 2:59pm
    How do I get from "guest" on the message board to "Paid Member"? We became members in June.

Hydro Phoenix 
    becken View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote becken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2010 at 3:12pm
    pm "summertop"
    75g with 40g breeder, Dion stand and canopy, G4 skimmer, mag 12 return with seaswirl, 2 AI Vega LEDs
    utahwatertoys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote utahwatertoys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2011 at 10:21am
    Hi Jake,

I paid the $26 for the membership fee but this forum won't let me in the paid members section. Can you help me out with this?
    Thanks!
    Chris
    BnK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BnK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2011 at 12:34pm
    pm summertop it is done manually not automatic
    Brett and Kristine | Layton, UT | Brett's e-mail: [email protected] | Kristine's e-mail: [email protected]
    downhill_biker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downhill_biker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2011 at 2:07am
    POTM RULES: only 2 pics/person each month. Voting will be posted around 20-23 of each month and no more submissions will be accepted. Each winner of the primary voting will be sumbitted to a final voting thread. The winner will have their picture displayed on the home page and on the facebook page for the following month.
    Make sure you post your best pictures every month in our POTM forum.
    Chad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2011 at 2:12pm
    Also Hydro if you joined in June but haven't paid dues for this year your membership would have expired at the end of last year so you would need to pay dues for this year to be a paid member this year.
    Hope that helps. Chad.
    What?! You pooped in the refrigerator, and ate the entire wheel of cheese?! I'm not even mad.... That's actually amazing!
    CCFMIG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCFMIG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2012 at 12:02am
    I have a suggestion... I think that you should make it so a person has to have so many points before they can post asking for items from other members for free. seems it ticks of allot of members when someone posts these ads asking for handouts. I know sometimes people need it and hopefully they are able to find help but the ones who only ask for handouts ruin it for the ones who do have an emergency and need the help.

Plus it has been a year since chad posted in here so I had to knock his post off the top at least for a minute lol LOL

Edited by CCFMIG - May 06 2012 at 6:46pm
    Mark Peterson View Drop Down
    Paid Member
    Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2012 at 12:07pm
    Good point, but did you notice how several people quickly jumped in to offer some free stuff. I'm no longer there to help but when I was, I always offered free stuff. It gave new hobbyists the chance to come by my place to learn a lot about keeping a reef, to buy some $5 frags, to take home an arm load of free stuff and to see how inexpensive this hobby really is for the WMAS group. I have long been known as the King of doing reef aquariums at little or no cost. Now I live where LR is free, heck, everything is free, and I'm loving it. Heart
    Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
    www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
    Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
    CCFMIG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCFMIG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2012 at 10:49am
    I agree with that. You helped me out too and it was greatly appreciated. The ones that truly need the help are good but the ones in it for a profit at the expense of others are who I am talking about. I know of one who used to ask for everything then turn around and sell it under a different name and on ksl.com
    Mark Peterson View Drop Down
    Paid Member
    Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2012 at 1:11pm
    Ouch
    Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
    www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
    Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
    CCFMIG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCFMIG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2012 at 11:34pm
    That's what I wanted to do to him
    Donald View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2013 at 10:19pm
    This was the first WAS meeting I have attended. I was impressed with the caliber of Hobbyists I met! It is nice to meet so many likeminded Folks! I'll be sure to join at the next meeting. I have something to contribute, I spent the past thirty years installing and maintianing Filtration, RO\DI, UV and Ozone generation!
    Donald Atkinson
    Fatman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2013 at 10:40pm
    Donald,
    Welcome!  Hope you will catch me a the next one and introduce yourself.

Fat
    February 4: Winter Banquet at the Living Planet Aquarium
    Tickets: http://utahreefs.com/store/index.php?route=product/category&path=36
    yongzheng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yongzheng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2013 at 12:11am
    I paid the $26 for the membership fee but this forum won't let me in the paid members section. Can you help me out with this? Thanks!

Edited by ReefdUp - July 25 2013 at 8:06am
    Saul Forest
    ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2013 at 8:07am
    Originally posted by yongzheng yongzheng wrote:

I paid the $26 for the membership fee but this forum won't let me in the paid members section. Can you help me out with this? Thanks!

Your IP address is from China, and you're posting links to gold...which is typically what spammers do. I'm skeptical. I removed the links just in case you are a scammer.

Edited by ReefdUp - July 25 2013 at 8:08am
    www.reefdup.com
    Diving since 2009, reefkeeping since 2007, & fishkeeping since 1987
    200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
    PADI Advanced Open Water
    ReefOn View Drop Down
    Pet Store
    Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefOn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2013 at 11:22am
    And thank you for the $26 donation to the club. Hahahahaha

(Even though it was probably a stolen CC)

If this was a real person, the leadership here is awesome and will get it taken care of.

ReefOn

7563 S Main St (700W)

Midvale, Uta
    ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2013 at 11:33am
    This person has just copied previous posts in all of his/her posts. IP blocked!
    www.reefdup.com
    Diving since 2009, reefkeeping since 2007, & fishkeeping since 1987
    200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
    PADI Advanced Open Water
    Aquarium Creations View Drop Down
    Pet Store
    Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2013 at 6:53am
    I think it may be time to change like some of the other forums around, once you sign up you have to be approved before you can post.
    Aquarium Maintenance,Consulting,Custom Built Glass Aquariums
    Rimless/Euro,24Hr Emergency Service 8015485201
    Www.UtahAquariumDoctors.com
    [email protected]

Live Rock N Reef View Drop Down
    Pet Store
    Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Live Rock N Reef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2013 at 5:10pm
    i most definitely agree
    The LOWEST price for aquarium supply on the internet!!
    and the most INCREDIBLE LIVE ROCK on the PLANET!!
    Live Rock n Reef
    Phone: 813-333-1847
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
      Share Topic