Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

dumb Lipet question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
j's55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j's55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dumb Lipet question
    Posted: June 06 2007 at 9:00pm
are these immobile or do they just move very slow???
I have had an outburst of these since I got back and I have tons of smaller 1/4" little guys around my tank and I noticed quite a few inside my protien skimmer and in my filter socks... assuming they are good
Josh Zorn
45G reef
lots of tropical plants
Cell it 910 3924
Charlesr1958 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlesr1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2007 at 9:35pm
They just move very slow, but do keep an eye on them as some species within this family can pose a threat to other life in the tank. Any chance of a photo?

Chuck

j's55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j's55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2007 at 9:44pm
yes lol i am aware of the aptasia... its in meh sump... I have a cbb in the display

but yeah havnt noticed any damage just that they have been popping up a bit more often

Josh Zorn
45G reef
lots of tropical plants
Cell it 910 3924
Kevin View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 9:42am
They look like keyhole limpets. I had some way in the past. They can be good but mine eventually turned on me and ate some things they shouldn't (coral). When they get larger I would keep a keen eye out for what they are eating.

They move about as fast as a snail if they want. Very hard to get off whatever they are stuck two without killing them.

Edited by Kevin - June 07 2007 at 9:42am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic